• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pitch Bends - Drawing In Sonar 8.5 PRV

Share/Bookmark

Pitch Bends - Drawing In Sonar 8.5 PRV

I would like to know how to draw in a pitch bend in sonar 8.5. PRV. I know these can be played in from a MIDI keyboard but I still need to know how to do this.

I've tried the manual and searching forums but I still can't find how it's done. I also tried asking in the Sonar Forums and was referred to 'You Tube' demo videos. These were good except they were for Sonar 4 and I can't find the method used for that in 8.5. So now I'm trying our friendly forums as there are many knowledgeable Sonar people here.

I'd appreciate it if anyone here could give me a basic step-by-step or point me to a tutorial for this with Sonar 8.5.

As always, I'd be grateful for any help with this.

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Pitch Bends - Drawing In Sonar 8.5 PRV

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    I would like to know how to draw in a pitch bend in sonar 8.5. PRV. I know these can be played in from a MIDI keyboard but I still need to know how to do this.

I've tried the manual and searching forums but I still can't find how it's done. I also tried asking in the Sonar Forums and was referred to 'You Tube' demo videos. These were good except they were for Sonar 4 and I can't find the method used for that in 8.5. So now I'm trying our friendly forums as there are many knowledgeable Sonar people here.

I'd appreciate it if anyone here could give me a basic step-by-step or point me to a tutorial for this with Sonar 8.5.

As always, I'd be grateful for any help with this.

Thanks.
    Hey Michael,
    I am usually one of the ones asking at the Sonar forum but I'll try to answer your question:
    Go to PRV (Piano Roll View), click on "notes/velocity" just above the piano keys on the left...select "new value"...in the "midi event type" dialog, select "wheel". Select the pencil tool and draw in where you want the pitch bends.
    Sorry if that's still too vague but I never really have drawn in pitch bend...however now that I just bought GPO 4 that's likely to change.
    I deplore when people say RTFM but in this case I would suggest you check out the searchable Sonar .pdf manual.
    HTH,
    Randy

Hello Randy and thanks for your reply. It's much appreciated.

It was the 'drawing in' bit that got me. Eventually, I found the updated video tutorial on youtube which goes through everything I needed in Sonar 8. This is really excellent and explained everything clearly so now I am able to do my pitch bends with ease.

As I mentioned in my post I had tried searching the manual. I spent absolutely ages searching not to mention endless threads but I could find nothing that really explained how to draw in the bend.

Anyway, the updated video really did the trick - when I found it after two of us spending hours of searching.

Now .. I'm a master at it.
    Michael

Hello Randy and thanks for your reply. It's much appreciated.

It was the 'drawing in' bit that got me. Eventually, I found the updated video tutorial on youtube which goes through everything I needed in Sonar 8. This is really excellent and explained everything clearly so now I am able to do my pitch bends with ease.

As I mentioned in my post I had tried searching the manual. I spent absolutely ages searching not to mention endless threads but I could find nothing that really explained how to draw in the bend.

Anyway, the updated video really did the trick - when I found it after two of us spending hours of searching.

Now .. I'm a master at it.
    Tell me where, for other peculiarities it might be handy to know.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Tell me where, for other peculiarities it might be handy to know.

Raymond
    Yes, can you provide a link for the video Michael?
    Thanks,
    Randy

Hello Raymond and Randy,

Here's a link to that updated video on how to draw in pitch bends in Sonar 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWfIX...response_watch

Hope you find it as helpful as I did.
    Michael

Hello Raymond and Randy,

Here's a link to that updated video on how to draw in pitch bends in Sonar 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWfIX...response_watch

Hope you find it as helpful as I did.
    Thanks Michael!!!

Go Back to forum