• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Looking For Producers. All styles!

Share/Bookmark

Looking For Producers. All styles!

Hi!

Not sure this is the exact right place in the forum, but Admin please feel free to move if there´s a better place.

My name is Peer.
    I am a music producer and the co-founder of a brand new exciting music company.
    We, the company Epidemic Sound, are looking for talented American writers/producers.

All styles!
    If you´re good at Rock, then that's what you should do!
    If you're good at Folk music, then that's what you should do!
    The same goes for Punk, Film, Pop, Funk, Country etc etc....
    The music is so called production music, used in TV, on the web and so on.
    So mainly instrumental music.

We have created a business model that will allow you to make a good living from your music!
    As of today this model will only fit with non PRO members, but we will be launching a PRO member version later.
    (PRO=Perfoming Rights Organization i.e Ascap,Bmi, Sesac,Stim etc.)
    So if you can write and produce a song, by yourself, with a professional result, then this might be something for you!

Check our site: epidemicsound.com

Please email us at interest@epidemicsound.com for more info on how you can be a part of our team!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Peer
    Co-founder of Epidemic Sound

Re: Looking For Producers. All styles!

is your offer limited to musicians that are based in the US?

Hi Hans.

Yes unfortunately at this time it is.
    But we are planning to expand soon so hopefully we can speak in this matter again!

Thanks for asking.

Peer

If you join this club you will be waiving away your composer copyrights. Think twice.

Peter, I haven't looked at their agreement, but a few people have asked me if I've heard of them. What's the jist of the agreement: do you give up everything except writer's share of the performance $$?

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc View Post
    Peter, I haven't looked at their agreement, but a few people have asked me if I've heard of them. What's the jist of the agreement: do you give up everything except writer's share of the performance $$?

Kerry
    You give up all your rights and you may not be member of a copyrights organization (because their contracts do not allow you to give away your composer rights). So, the up front fee might be interesting, but if your music gets some nice exposition, you will not receive any royalties.

I don't like this type of business, it's just plainly wrong, because the buyer becomes owner of your music as if he has composed it.

Non PRO writers only? Are you kidding? Run from this company. What they are doing is unethical.
    Rich

Thumbs down Re: Looking For Producers. All styles!

Yeah...I have seen their post on other composer forums as well. It is disgusting quite frankly. Their website says that epidemic Sound is
    "founded by two of Sweden's most prominent music producers with more than 60 million records sold including mega hits for artists like Celein Dion, Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Westlife, Enrique Iglesias and Josh Groban."
    AND they are,
    "aiming to redefine the broadcast music landscape as we know it today."
    So if these people are so successful...then why disrespect those who would be creating for them by taking away or not allowing them to collect broadcast royalties? Yeah they are trying to redefine the music landscape alright...in a horrible direction and on the backs of the people who create their content. Taking advantage of them by taking their only existing revenue stream in the broadcast world. They don't want PRO affiliated composers because they are going to register and then collect all the royalties that you are entitled to. It is disgusting for "music producers" to be doing this to what is essentially their "their own."

No self respecting composer should even give this a thought. This will not advance anyone's career and any up front fees that may be offered would not even make a dent in what one's music is worth over the long haul.

No one should buy into this in my opinion.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

• a website with only 3 public pages that reveal absolutely nothing about the company's strategy
    • only an address in sweden and even no phone numbers
    • this guy Peer not even telling his last name
    • not for PRO composers

that should ring enough alarm bells I guess...

Run away, far away!

Peace

rikp

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast