• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New gpo version

Share/Bookmark

New gpo version

I have been using the origonol GPO Version for the past few years.
    Is there a big difference between this version and the new library being sold?

Re: New gpo version

There is a very worthwhile addition of Sam Brass instruments.

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    I have been using the origonol GPO Version for the past few years.
    Is there a big difference between this version and the new library being sold?
    Hello James Bond007,

The original version used the old Kontakt Player 1 and needed 'Studio' to link up with notation programs. Then came the Kontakt 2 version with many improvements and updates and didn't need the 'Studio'. Now we have GPO4 with the new Aria Player so the previous Kontakt Player is no longer compatible. Apart from improvements and updates to the original library and the player, there have been some additional instruments such as the Sam Brass patches and a single 'Choir' patch.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Michael is obviously right about the addition of the choir, perhaps useful for some users.

For the work I do, I have not noticed any improvements that may have come with the change of players.

Herbert

Interests:
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Hi,

Other then the new Brass and Choir, it appears to be the same library so why spend the money? I like the Kontakt player too. Its great. Thanks for all your reply.

The SAM Brass are an excellent addition. Totally worth the cost of updating.

Quote Originally Posted by davecos View Post
    The SAM Brass are an excellent addition. Totally worth the cost of updating.
    Ditto that. Besides the great Sam Brass instruments, there's the Stereo Stage which can really spice up your mixes - controllable by MIDI. There's Auto-Legato which helps a lot in working up legato passages more easily. Each instrument's MIDI controls, such as Length, and Port are plainly labeled in the Control panel. There's a good EQ built in for each instrument. The good Garritan Ambience is built in, and there are Send pots for it on the front mixer. That plugin's controls are much more intuitive to use now with 8 control knobs instead of all the various sized sliders in the old version.

Aria is Garritan's sample play back engine now, and all the libraries are being ported into it. It's been a very important step for Gary to gain independence from Native Instruments, and all of us users can help out by keeping up with his upgrades.

Couldn't recommend more strongly that you upgrade, James. And I think the $49 upgrade price is still available--?---

Randy B.

Totally worth the cost of updating.

Herbert

Interests:

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    ...I like the Kontakt player too. Its great. Thanks for all your reply.
    James, don't get shaken by this. As soon as I've finished the present projects, set up with the KP2 player, I will switch to ARIA for sure. Easier to handle and better memory management, not to speak about loading time of the instruments (when cached it is almost at the speed of light).

It is worth the update money!!!!

Raymond

The one thing I would LOVE to see in GPO is short articulation strings. It's one thing to program a shortened release but the timbre of the short bowing really warrants a separate sample for those aggressive sections. I love what Gary has done with 90% of GPO and I think it holds its own against other libraries even more expensive but I really want to hear those bows bouncing off the strings occasionally.

Go Back to forum