• Register
  • Help

Topic: Liquid Grooves?

Share/Bookmark

Liquid Grooves?

I wondered if anyone had used Liquid Grooves with Giga? I know there is a Giga version of Metamorphosis but not a Giga-specific version of \'Liquid\'.

Is it easy to convert to Giga? What software is best to use with it; Acid, Fruity Loops, something else?

Anyone used it live (triggering loops from a keyboard or other controller)?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Liquid Grooves?

I was wondering the same thing myself and was going to email ILIO(at some point). One thing I should add since we\'re asking....What format is suggested for use with Giga -- there\'s CD Audio or CD-ROM for Roland, Akai/Emu/ASR, SampleCell, Kurzweil.

Thanks,

[This message has been edited by EternalBlue (edited 08-12-2001).]

Use the Akai format if it does not come in the Giga version. I have converted Retrofunk (GrooveControl) and Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices with the GigaStudios Akai converter. I also used ChickenSys\' GigaTranslator, it works fine as well.

I have Kirk Hunter\'s Virtuoso Strings in Emu format and those converted badly (I used to own the E4XT). ILIO informed me that I should have gone with the Akai format, but soon the conversion to Giga format will be complete and I can trade my library in for that format. I use Logic for my sequencer and GrooveControl libraries.

- Mike

[This message has been edited by jubal (edited 08-13-2001).]

I use the Akai format Liquid grooves and everything imported fine. The MIDI control files come in several varieties for Cubase, Logic and generic MIDI - they should open in almost any sequencer. I imagine they could even be downloaded to a hardware MIDI player for gigging.

It looks like the patterns were recorded live and then cut up with something like Recycle. The Midi is just a rising scale of notes, not a regular drum pattern like I had hoped. It makes customising anything other than tempo quite hard.

Slightly O.T.

I doubt I will ever buy drum loops in sampler format again. Its so much cheaper to get audio format and use Recycle 2 to bring the loops directly into my sequencer or DAW. Not so good for live work, but I find it easier and more intuitive...

I use the Akai format Liquid grooves and everything imported fine. The MIDI control files come in several varieties for Cubase, Logic and generic MIDI - they should open in almost any sequencer. I imagine they could even be downloaded to a hardware MIDI player for gigging.

It looks like the patterns were recorded live and then cut up with something like Recycle. The Midi is just a rising scale of notes, not a regular drum pattern like I had hoped. It makes customising anything other than tempo quite hard.

Slightly O.T.

I doubt I will ever buy drum loops in sampler format again. Its so much cheaper to get audio format and use Recycle 2 to bring the loops directly into my sequencer or DAW. Not so good for live work, but I find it easier and more intuitive...

Go Back to forum