• Register
  • Help

Topic: Neue Pizzicato Polka by Johann Strauss Jr.

Share/Bookmark

Neue Pizzicato Polka by Johann Strauss Jr.

Hello everyone,

Here is the Neue Pizzicato Polka op. 449 by Johann Strauss Jr.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Cheers,

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Re: Neue Pizzicato Polka by Johann Strauss Jr.

I can enjoy this, Fred. At some places the timing could have been a little tighter, and I like a bit more bass in the soft passages, but the whole sounds musical. You clearly like a rubato. Nice.

I also noticed that the piece doesn't really sound like a polka as I have known it. Strauss knew how to play around with that.
    Theo

Thanks for your reply Theo.

I have heard many version from Vienna Symphony Orchestra of this polka before doing mine.
    My version sounds very similar to those I heard in execution and accents.

As I have done the Pizzicato Polka, I wanted to do the Neue Pizzicato Polka.

You noticed I like playing with rubato... The Pizzicato Polka and Neue Pizzicato Polka use a lot of rubato.

As you may have guessed, to me, Johann Strauss (father & son) is easier than W.A. Mozart. My test on Mozart was a disaster. So, I continue with Johann Strauss.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

The accents are completely true to style, I agree. I wouldn't say your attempt at Mozart was a complete failure, but you chose a piece of music that sounds much simpler than it is. There is a lot of tradition in playing Mozart and none of it is captured by a sample library. You have to put that (the accents, and phrasing) in yourself. But perhaps Strauss comes more naturally to you, because when you start such a piece you need a certain "feel" for the sound you want to (re)create. You have to make the translation from note to sound as a player would, only this time for all instruments. So it's not surprising some of it comes easier, some harder. But while doing, you learn and discover, so who knows?
    Theo

I made a lot of disastrous tests before finding the right sound of Strauss' music on computer. If today I'm able to rebuild his music, I have studied for more than a year his music and also my sequencer (Logic) and my libraries. Today I can rebuild almost any of his pieces on computer.

So, as it took me a long time to get Strauss' spirit, I guess it will take also a long time to get Mozart's spirit.
    There is no spoon.

Hi Fred,

I really like your recreations, this one included. Having listened to a lot of your music, I thought maybe the reverb was a tad too saturated on this rendering ... it may have muddied all that great plucking .

An enjoyable listen nonetheless!

Regards,

Frank

Go Back to forum