• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Topic: "A Texas Saturday Night"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "A Texas Saturday Night"

    This is my "A Texas Saturday Night".

    The violin (fiddle) is from an EWQL sample library and the rest of the instruments, except the banjo and mandolin, are from various Garritan libraries.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    I'd wished being there on that particular Saturday Night!!

    Another joke from Larry, with hidden themes from other famous compositions, nicely done. Great!!!

    Raymond

  3. #3

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    I'd wished being there on that particular Saturday Night!!

    Another joke from Larry, with hidden themes from other famous compositions, nicely done. Great!!!

    Raymond
    One of the themes I used was a short exerpt from "The Eyes Of Texas (Are Upon You)" also known as "I've Been Working On The Railroad". The other was "Entry Of The Gladiators" (circus music).

    Thanks for listening and commenting.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member Frank D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Suburban NYC
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    Hey Larry,

    You wouldn't think a damn Yankee would like this kinda music, but I love it! I always have and this is a great listen; I really enjoyed it. Nice job with the quotes; that seems to be part of the genre so the feel of this was very realistic. The mando really makes it.

    Regards,

    Frank

  5. #5

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hey Larry,

    You wouldn't think a damn Yankee would like this kinda music, but I love it! I always have and this is a great listen; I really enjoyed it. Nice job with the quotes; that seems to be part of the genre so the feel of this was very realistic. The mando really makes it.

    Regards,

    Frank
    Nah, Mister Frank. You're one of the GOOD Yankees.

    Thanks for the compliments. This old dude appreciates it.

    My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    Härligt sväng! As we would say in swedish. Something like "lovely groove" (feel like get up and dance.)

    /Jonte

  7. #7

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    Härligt sväng! As we would say in swedish. Something like "lovely groove" (feel like get up and dance.)

    /Jonte
    Danke! No, wait...that's not Swedish.

    Gracias! That's not either.

    Merci! Yes...that's it!

    Glad you like it. Thanks for your message.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    That is great Larry, well done.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

    http://www.myspace.com/451525581

  9. #9

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    That is great Larry, well done.
    I appreciate your comments, Mister Aram and thank you for the two claps.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member sd cisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    832

    Re: "A Texas Saturday Night"

    Larry, I bet you'd be a lot of fun at a party!! You are Rockin' on this rollicking tune like I've seldom heard you rock before, it really swings and has a certain '50's feel to it.
    Excellent proof of you amazing abilities once again!

    Best regards,
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •