• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar and GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Sonar and GPO4

Hello guys,
    My doubt is : I have inserted first violins(TREMOLO) in track 1.So in bar 10, I have decided to change it to PIZZICATO and after that bar 25 (short bows)etc.I have trying several ways and it changed the whole track.If I am using Midi, I change the patch name and all is solved,but using AriaPlayer I don't know how it works.
    Thanks,
    Cunha

Re: Sonar and GPO4

You should select the KS version (keyswitch) of the violin sample. Then you don't have to change any patch names or change patches. Just hit the keyswitch for pizzicato before the pizzacato section starts.

The keyswitched versions load all the articulations in for the string parts such as short bows, pizzicato, trills, etc. You can check which articulation is loaded by looking at the bottom left corner of the ARIA player.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    You should select the KS version (keyswitch) of the violin sample. Then you don't have to change any patch names or change patches. Just hit the keyswitch for pizzicato before the pizzacato section starts.

The keyswitched versions load all the articulations in for the string parts such as short bows, pizzicato, trills, etc. You can check which articulation is loaded by looking at the bottom left corner of the ARIA player.

Jim
    I did exactly what you said and it was working good but after that it is not changing again.I delete all and began it again and now it stopped to changing.Will be any configuration on soft synth?

Are you recording your keyswitches? They are just like a note on. Also, I recommend that each section in your piece has a keyswitch even if you don't change patches. If you start at a different place and there isn't a keyswitch, then you'll have the last patch it changed to.

Jim

Thumbs down Re: Sonar and GPO4

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    Are you recording your keyswitches? They are just like a note on. Also, I recommend that each section in your piece has a keyswitch even if you don't change patches. If you start at a different place and there isn't a keyswitch, then you'll have the last patch it changed to.

Jim
    Hello again,
    I believe that something is wrong in my way to record the samples.I am doing the way you said,using KS version of the violin sample in a track for example. I hit the keyswitch for upbows and it records four or more bars,then I hit the keyswitch for pizzicato and start to recording five bars more.After that I return from the beginning of the section and it plays all the recording with no changing.The whole section is in the same patch(pizzicato) Any other idea?
    thanks

Cunha

Maybe you should consider this.
    Any KeySwitch must start just "BEFORE" the first note of a sequence.
    So when a note starts at 4:01:001 you must drag that special KeySwitch note to a starting value of 3:04:something. Only one "tick" before is enough.

And when you have a repeat and go back to 4:01:001 then that KeySwitch will never be activated, so you must find a way to let the repeat start a bit earlier.

Raymond

Question Re: Sonar and GPO4

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Maybe you should consider this.
    Any KeySwitch must start just "BEFORE" the first note of a sequence.
    So when a note starts at 4:01:001 you must drag that special KeySwitch note to a starting value of 3:04:something. Only one "tick" before is enough.

And when you have a repeat and go back to 4:01:001 then that KeySwitch will never be activated, so you must find a way to let the repeat start a bit earlier.

Raymond
    I really do not know what to do.I did all you said to do.I began a new score, I put only violas KS in a single track,hit sustain and recorded four bars(example from bar 1 to four)then I hit pizzicato and recorded from bar 6 to 10.I left one bar empty to do a test(bar 5) but when I started from the begining the sequence, the patch was the same,it did not change.The whole sequence was pizzicato.What happens?All is working very well.I can not use KeySwitch on my scores only.
    I did not give up yet.I believe it is a little thing I am not doing right.

Cunha

Cunha, each time you describe your process, you say that you hit a keyswitch note, and then record some measures.---I have the impression you're not recording the keyswitches. If you are recording them - you can easily check the virtual keyboard in the Aria GUI to make sure you're hitting the correct notes. But those keyswitches are "notes"---they're just below the range of the instrument, so there's no sound, but they send out the program change.

Randy B.

Are the keyswitch notes showing in the Piano Roll View? You need to hit the keyswitch after starting your recording so Sonar records it.

Jim

Go Back to forum