• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sabbatical

Share/Bookmark

Sabbatical

I need some time off for another composition. It has been 15 months since I started with the first note writing down of my symphony nr.1. I struggled with your advices, put in more ideas of myself, made mistakes, did it all over again, experimented with reverbs, equalizers, panning tools and all other gear to make and (more) break a piece. Had big troubles finding the right balance between brass and strings (a well known problem) and found out that Altiverb is the best on earth but it is not heaven.

So after some hundreds of versions (saved Sonar project files), it is time to do something else. First a holiday, then some study on music theory, next a new composition. ................................ I am fading away.............

See you after a while,

Raymond

Re: Sabbatical

Already looking forward for your return.

Who now is going to ask the questions we were all afraid to ask?

good one Alan

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Hello and Goodbye Raymond!

I too had only half an eye open when I read this , but had to take a minute to quickly wish you well in your future plans! I understand just how difficult it is to spend several hours a day at this site AND create and record new music ... there really aren't enough hours in the day.

As Alan has already so eloquently stated, you are indeed "the maestro who stirs the drink!" I thank you for pushing the software, the artform, and us in order to drive us all toward creating better and better music.

A belated happy birthday, a fruitful sabbatical, and we all await your return with more musical goodies to devour. Have a blast, man!

Best regards,

Frank

PS: Don't worry, I'm sure I can post at least another three minutes of music during your absence to help fill the void!

Sterkte, Raymond!

We'll be around, I guess. If this turns out to be more definitive, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
    Theo

Thanks guys and my computer read that same message. This morning the powerunit burned down with a lot of smoke; now we both need a sabbatical.

Raymond

It is more serious. Powersupply AND HDs burnt down. So a complete new system is needed. Yes, I have backups of everything important.

Till then,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Thanks guys and my computer read that same message. This morning the powerunit burned down with a lot of smoke; now we both need a sabbatical.

Raymond

No worries Raymond. Let's do an Anglo Dutch thing and attack Iceland instead. You don't have to do anything - the British will do it all for you. Much more fun taunting Icelanders than doing music.

Yes, a raid on Iceland, like in the old days. Exciting!!

Raymond - the Buccaneer

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Yes, a raid on Iceland, like in the old days. Exciting!!

Raymond - the Buccaneer
    Fantastic Raymond!!! But I was thinking more along the lines of just sending in the north end stand supporters of Millwall football club. They could easily take Iceland. Wouldn't need any help.

Incidentally, let me introduce you to a member of the family. He did all of that stuff and I think his brother brought William of Orange to these shores in one of the ships of his fleet. Anyway they were both admirals of the fleet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng

Go Back to forum