• Register
  • Help

Topic: G-player 64 bit

Share/Bookmark

G-player 64 bit

Happy with the demo, I just went ahead and bought G-player for use on my xp-64 system. It loads and streams perfectly so far. Unlike Gigastudio it doesn't do a long scan of the database, but rather browses directly (a la Kontakt). It's been simple and straightforward.

I ran 4 instances (16 channels each) inside the new cantabile 64-bit host and it was a dream come true for another frustrated Giga guy.

There's hope for our meticulously honed libraries.
    Box 1: G5 dual 1.8, Tiger, DP5, motu424, Kontakt 3
    Box 2: Windows XP (32-bit) (Pentium 4, 320 GHz, 2G-RAM) running Gigastudio3 ONLY!
    Box 3: Windows XP (64-bit) Core duo quad (q6600), 4gb ram (667 Micron) running various VI-s
    Connections: Midi-Over-LAN, Gina-16s

Re: G-player 64 bit

I only wanted to use this for the Larry Seyer drum instrument but it makes a very strange sound when you play a key kind of like a tape deck that is running bout 5 times faster than in should. Makes the same noise on mac and now PC. Must be something with the LSD samples that is causing it.

I'm gonna pass unless someone comes up with an answer as why this library has a problem

giga...

I don't have Seyer kits, but I loaded some separate seyer drum samples and they worked perfectly here.

The soundlib.com support was really quick and they're cool. You should contact them.
    Box 2: Windows XP (32-bit) (Pentium 4, 320 GHz, 2G-RAM) running Gigastudio3 ONLY!
    Box 3: Windows XP (64-bit) Core duo quad (q6600), 4gb ram (667 Micron) running various VI-s

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga View Post
    I only wanted to use this for the Larry Seyer drum instrument but it makes a very strange sound
    I assume you mean "Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums".
    This library makes extensive use of GigaPulse reverb which has a very strong impact on the sound of each drumkit.

Does the G-Player support GigaPulse?
    If not, then that may explain the difference in sound.

They seemed to have fixed the LS drums problems. Just tried some vintaudio guitar gigs and some of the velocity layers are triggering wrong notes. Wish they could get this thing right.

The guys is trying to get it right, and seems specially interested in feedback with specifics so that he can do so. You should send him the patch name.

It is to all our benefit if we can get a native .gig reader for 64 bit that is 100% accurate.

This player doesn't seem to play the gigapianos well either. Repeated notes cut off the sustaining samples, as if only one is allowed at once, even with pedal down. And where are the release trails?

Go Back to forum