• Register
  • Help

Topic: Too long and I forgot! Finale and JaBB+GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Too long and I forgot! Finale and JaBB+GPO4

It has been so long since I had to tell Finale what Jabb and Garritan instruments I have, I have forgotten how to do it. I have GPO4 and JaBB (Kontakt 3 Player) and I would like them to show up in the setup wizard when I start finale. I have had it that way ever since 2006 with every upgrade.

However, I had some kind of major crash this weekend and Finale's program files became corrupted. No big deal since I have the originals, but when I uninstalled Finale and cleaned the registry and rebooted, I installed Finale fresh again. However, now Neither Jabb or GPO4 are available from the setup wizard or staff wizard for my use. I vaguely remember something about a .txt file that has to be placed someplace in Finale for it to recognize JaBB and GPO but I can't find anything on my computer like that nor any reference online about that. I guess I am looking in the wrong place. Any suggestions for how to get JaBB and GPO4 back into Finale?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Too long and I forgot! Finale and JaBB+GPO4

Hello Rich,

For GPO4 Aria and JABB to work with Finale's Setup Wizard, you need the following files in Finale's VST folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Finale 2010\FinaleVST):

GPO4
    ARIA Player VST_x86.dll (Or x64 if you are using a 64 bit OS).
    gpofull4instrument.txt

JABB
    Kontakt 3.dll (Or whatever Kontakt 3 reads for this .dll)
    GarritanJazzinstrument-K3 2010.txt (Or whatever Kontakt 3 reads for this).

The GPO4 files should have installed when you reinstalled. If they are missing from the Finale VST folder then you should find the ARIA Player VST_x86.dll in the Farritan folder (C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST). Just copy and paste this into your Finale VST folder.

Regarding the JABB .txt files. I'm not sure where you can download this as the Finale website link has been taken down. I'll keep on searching for it.

Hope this helps.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thanks for the reply Michael. I have the Aria player .dll and the JaBB player .dll in the Finale VST folder. What I don't have and cannot find is the "gpofull4instrument.txt" and the JaBB version of that. I know I had it stored somewhere, but my searches have not come across them. Do you or anyone know where I can get those text files online. I couldn't find them at Finale or here. Maybe I didn't search the correct name for these files.

Thanks again.
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hello again Rich,

I've sent you a PM.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Got it. THANKS!