• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX Question

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX Question

I was wondering is there a way to create multi's in RMX and then save them and load them up when needed?

Example: I want to create different sounding snare drums but I have to use 3 or 4 snares to do so. How do I do this? And how would I save it so I can bring up the snares I created for different music? Do I need to create multi's and just save them?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re: Stylus RMX Question

Sure.....try it. :-)

Hey.. this is easy.

Go to Stylus mixer page. You have 8 channels. Click on the folder for a channel and go find a snare you like. A good place to look is in the Groove Elements. Pick one and now it's in the channel. Tweak it, then go up to the top by the title window and you'll see a little disk icon to the right of that window. Click and choose Save Patch or Part. That will save that snare patch you just created and tweaked into your Users folder. Do the same for the other channels. You can go get them in the future for any project and pull them into a channel.

To save the multi, choose Save Multi instead of the patch. You can pull it up at any time in the future and change things out if you want.

You really must watch the video tutorials at Spectrasonics. They are really great.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it...
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaiden View Post
    Hey.. this is easy.

Go to Stylus mixer page. You have 8 channels. Click on the folder for a channel and go find a snare you like. A good place to look is in the Groove Elements. Pick one and now it's in the channel. Tweak it, then go up to the top by the title window and you'll see a little disk icon to the right of that window. Click and choose Save Patch or Part. That will save that snare patch you just created and tweaked into your Users folder. Do the same for the other channels. You can go get them in the future for any project and pull them into a channel.

To save the multi, choose Save Multi instead of the patch. You can pull it up at any time in the future and change things out if you want.

You really must watch the video tutorials at Spectrasonics. They are really great.
    So Im trying to do what you said, but for some reason when I load a snare on track 1 of the mixer I can play it, but when I load another snare on track 2 it still only plays track 1 and doesn't even recognize track 2. Why can't I get the track 2 snare to play with the track 1 snare simultaneously? What am I doing wrong?

www.plusishiphop.com

Hi Plus,

Did you change the midi channel for part 2 to channel 1 (or to the same channel that part 1 is on)?

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi Ai View Post
    Hi Plus,

Did you change the midi channel for part 2 to channel 1 (or to the same channel that part 1 is on)?
    So I think I got it. I have to be in Kit Mode right not Multi? Well every time I go into Kit mode using the 64-Bit version of RMX it crashes every time. I have to load it in 32-Bit under the bridge in Logic to work. Weird.

www.plusishiphop.com

Never mind I got it.

www.plusishiphop.com

Cool!

Yeah...when in Kit mode...all sounds will be on the same channel automatically

You can be in Multi mode...and layer sounds as well.

Anyway...you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi Ai View Post
    Cool!

Yeah...when in Kit mode...all sounds will be on the same channel automatically

You can be in Multi mode...and layer sounds as well.

Anyway...you got it!
    I do man thanks. I was actually in multi mode. As far as the crashing goes, I didn't have the latest update. Not really sure how I missed that one but hey it works.

www.plusishiphop.com

Go Back to forum