• Register
  • Help

Topic: best wishes to all musician women...

Lightbulb best wishes to all musician women...

...for 8th March Women day.
    Last edited by Fabio; 03-08-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling...LOL

Re: best wishes to all musician women...

Good one, Fabio - I read your post, looked at my calendar - there it is, definitely International Women's Day - But I didn't realize it until you posted. So, thanks!

And now here's a great quote from one of the great 20th Century American Women, Eleanor Roosevelt:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission."

Thank you, Fabio and Randy. Much appreciated!

From women I respect and admire:

“A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”
    - Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”
    - Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.” - Gilda Radner

“Music comes first from my heart, and then goes upstairs to my head where I check it out.”
    - Roberta Flack

“Creative minds have been known to survive any sort of bad training.” - Anna Freud

“My candle burns at both ends;
    It will not last the night;
    But, ah, my foes, and, oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light.” - Edna Saint Vincent Millay

“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open.” - Martha Graham

“Wind moving through the grass so that the grass quivers. This moves me with an emotion I don’t even understand.” - Katherine Mansfield

“Wouldn't it be great if people could get to live suddenly as often as they die suddenly?” – Katherine Hepburn
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Go Back to forum