• Register
  • Help

Topic: Are Prosamples any use?

Are Prosamples any use?

Has anyone used the Prosamples selection? Are they available in the US? (I\'ve only seen them at a UK site.)

There are many directions I could go but my budget won\'t let me. I\'d like to know if this product is usable or hobbled in some way.

I.E. if I bought half a dozen of them and only upgraded say, one or two of them, would I still have something I could use on the others? I\'m not very interested in phrases and riffs and pre-recorded tunes; so are there usable multis within the choir (oohs, aahs) and orchestral (something I could use as a simple string backdrop or more complex ensemble) or the \"Ethno\"?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help.

I cannot understand why companies do not make better use of the internet to display their wares.

Re: Are Prosamples any use?

I purchased, in Prosamples format:

QLB Orchestra (all multi samples) some conversion errors but fixable.

Ethno World (all multi samples)

AO Classical Orchestra (all multi samples)

I would say all are very usable for the money!

Buy @ www.soundsonline.com in US (search site-type, \"prosamples\"

Re: Are Prosamples any use?

I got the Choirs set.

Very disappointed - the Ahh\'s, Ehh\'s, Ohh\'s etc only cover the octave above and the octave below middle C, so there are no sopranos or basses, only very limited altos and tenors.
    A good choir should be able to get close to 4 octaves not 2!

On the basis of this one disc, I\'ve put off buying any more prosamples discs and am going to save up for the originals.

Go Back to forum