• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP!! Multisampling in Kontakt driving me nuts!

Share/Bookmark

HELP!! Multisampling in Kontakt driving me nuts!

HI...
    I've been adding some samples to kontakt for travelling purposes... sounds from other modules to have all in one place.
    Initially I'd record a bunch of wav files in cubase, and then transfer them all over to kontakt and map them into the sound i wanted... but i discovered slicing, and using the 'drag midi to host' button to auto map a sliced sample onto the keyboard.
    HOWEVER... doing this is saving me tons of time... but when I do it, the chopped slices and 'play until end' as opposed to 'play until release'. is there any way to alter the loop properties so that the entire sample doesn't trigger when i hit the key?
    Hope I've explained it well... i'm pretty frustrated.
    thanks!!
    jeff

Re: HELP!! Multisampling in Kontakt driving me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by heisholt View Post
    HI...
    I've been adding some samples to kontakt for travelling purposes... sounds from other modules to have all in one place.
    Initially I'd record a bunch of wav files in cubase, and then transfer them all over to kontakt and map them into the sound i wanted... but i discovered slicing, and using the 'drag midi to host' button to auto map a sliced sample onto the keyboard.
    HOWEVER... doing this is saving me tons of time... but when I do it, the chopped slices and 'play until end' as opposed to 'play until release'. is there any way to alter the loop properties so that the entire sample doesn't trigger when i hit the key?
    Hope I've explained it well... i'm pretty frustrated.
    thanks!!
    jeff
    Read the Kontakt manual! All what you want is very easy to do.

Begins with clever naming your samples.... . Than in Kontakt`s browser you can sort the samples as you like and than in one step move them all into the mapping editor a.s.o. ... .
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

man, i've read the manual. i still can't find what I need.
    what i'm concerned with is the triggering of the sample... once i slice it and map it across the keyboard, it triggers differently. it plays the whole sample, and opposed to stopping when i release the key... which is what I want.
    thanks for telling me to read the manual.

I also found the manual to be of limited use until I found the button I wanted through GUI hunting; then I was able to find the relevant part in the manual. I was trying to get a cymbal to keep ringing out after release and this helped me to do it.If I'm understanding your requirement, I think you might want to look in the wave editor on the 'sample loop' tab. In the lower right corner there is a button where you can choose 'until end', 'until release' etc.
    There's a picture of the section on page 169 in the manual and some explanation of the modes on 171-172. I used an online manual, so paper manual might be different.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/17887735/k...manual-english

In any case, a lot of slicing related stuff appears to reside in this area.

Good luck
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Go Back to forum