• Register
  • Help

Topic: Crash Soundtrack, Atmosphere?

Share/Bookmark

Crash Soundtrack, Atmosphere?

Just wondering. I recently purchased Mark Isham's soundtrack on itunes for the movie "Crash". It's one of my favorite movies and I think I love the soundtrack just as much. I own Atmosphere but have really only used it sparingly over the years. Not that it's not great, it's just that it hasn't always been the right tool for the jobs that I had been receiving. Now that I'm taking the time to listen closely, I'm guessing that a huge amount of the work was done with Atmosphere. Any opinions? Just curious.

Re: Crash Soundtrack, Atmosphere?

Yes, that soundtrack featured Spectrasonics libraries and instruments:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/20...spectrasonics/

- Glenn

Ah, thanks

Thanks for the link. I too just purchased the score to Crash.
    Gavin Lake

There's a significant amount of Distorted Reality and Bizarre Guitar in the Crash score in addition to Atmosphere.

The cool thing is that all of that material (and much more unreleased material) is included in Omnisphere. So if you haven't upgraded from Atmosphere to Omnisphere yet, I would highly recommend that! :-)

You're pulling at my heart strings Mr Persing. Lol, believe me, the day is coming, I'm just busy paying for everything else in the studio so far this year. But it WILL be mine soon. Muhahahaha!!!!

Seriously though, I was blown away to find out that the singer was actually phrases from VP. Wow! Are those in Omni too or not? I realize you said previously that most all of the multisamples are in Omni but I wasnt sure about the phrases. I cant ever have enough vocal samples but I never did get VP. SOV, btw, was my first sample library ever. I still use it along side of two other three other vocal libs.

No, all the vocal phrases/melodies in the film are from Vocal Planet.

Omnisphere is much more of a "playing" oriented synth, so the vocal phrase samples and loops from our libraries were not included in the Omnisphere core library.

Go Back to forum