• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: An idea for demos....

An idea for demos....

I have an idea that might help the consumer when choosing libraries. There seems to be a frequent theme that guys (and girls) hear demos that sound fantastic then shell out the money for the samples and can\'t figure out how the heck the demo got that sound.

I would suggest developers do two versions of their demos. One with just the sounds and no eq or processing. Maybe a little reverb but that\'s it. Then a second one with whatever processing they want to do.

To me this really seperates the usability of the library. The home user can get a good idea of what to expect with little work and the pro and see the full potential of the library.

FYI...all the demos I have been posting including the Dan Dean have nothing but reverb added to them..

Re: An idea for demos....

I think that developers should provide the sound files (mp3) and its midi file at the same time.

Hello Donnie,

I am totally with you on producing demos without any processing. That is exactly what I did on the archtop guitars, tenor banjos, and accordions. Absolutely no processing of any kind other than just a little reverb.

A good piece of advice you gave me last night concerning MP3\'s, which I was not aware of at the time considering I have never produced any MP3\'s until I did the guitar, banjo, and accordion demos, is to process them at 256 kilobytes rather than the usual default setting of 128 kilobytes.

Last week when I produced the MP3\'s of the archtop guitars, tenor banjos, and accordions in order to put demos of them up on my web site, I did produce them at 128 kilobytes, considering my lack of experience producing MP3\'s. I think I will probably redo them at 256 kilobytes in the next few days and replace the MP3\'s that I currently have up on my web site with the better sounding 256 kilobyte MP3\'s of the guitars, banjos, and accordions.

Thanks for your help,

Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Good idea. BTW If anyone wants them or is interested I would be happy to send them any midi file I have done with these demos. This way you can learn what NOT to do!

oooohhhh I would be so interested!
    I\'m a newbie at this MIDI stuff and this would help a lot!

Could you send them (or some of them) at
    yrjiok@ifrance.com ?

Thanks a lot

Hi Donnie,

I loved the Debussy mp3 done with all DD libraries except strings.

Would you email me this midi file so I can study it?

Great Guys!

We have made the demos available as MIDI-files and used unprocessed bass sounds from the start except Scarbee J-Slap demosong 4 - but then again you had 3 demoes with all the sounds clean...

I am happy that other developers will do the same now.

PS. How about those drums Donnie? Will we get them soon?

Visit www.scarbee.com and check out the demoes from The Scarbee Bass Libraries

I think it\'s a great idea to make the midi files available. Would you consider putting them up on the site so you wouldn\'t have to email them all over the place?

Sure, they are under the \"midi files\" topic.

My demos on vrsound.com do not use any eq and most of them not even reverb.
    These are what you\'ll get when you simply load the instruments and bang on them.
    The ambience stems form our Virtual Presence Mic. and the release samples.
    I just noodle a few notes and record it straight to HD (rarely using a sequencer).

Go Back to forum