• Register
  • Help

Topic: LASS and FORTI

Share/Bookmark

LASS and FORTI

Hi NS-ers,

This is a demo showcasing the LA Scoring Strings and the new FORTI (Full Orchestra Timbral Impulse) filters in Vienna Suite.

The only things I've used in addition to these are a touch of Cineharp glissandi and Waves L1 on the output bus.

The rest of the demo is entirely LASS with the FORTI filters in Vienna Convolution reverb plus a touch of Vienna EQ.

In addition to using FORTI for ERs and reverb tails I'm using them for highpass filtering and the new TILT filter technology to brighten or darken the sound.

Here's the darker mix

http://www.jamessemple.com/music/thelasthope_dark.mp3

Here's the brighter mix

http://www.jamessemple.com/music/thelasthope_bright.mp3

and here's the raw mix with just reverb

http://www.jamessemple.com/music/thelasthope_raw.mp3

Enjoy!

Re: LASS and FORTI

Hi Bluejay,

the examples sound very nice.

I am thinking of buying these Forti/Serti reverbs as I already have the Vienna Suite, and I have to be honest and say that your demo's have definitely influenced me to want reverbs.

Are you also using some kind of software to get depth and panning also, or are you just applying the reverb to the Lass tracks as is with no positioning in some kind of virtual room if you know what I mean?

Thanks for posting these examples.

Also, I must say the music is also very nice to listen to.

thanks and best,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments.

In these examples I'm using Vienna Suite and the FORTI impulse responses for everything however LASS strings do come pre-panned.

All depth positioning was via the FORTI filters within the Vienna convolution reverb. I don't like demos where people are running everything through other gear so I made sure this was a very pure demo.

Hope that helps!

regards

James

In order to be able to post messages on the BlitWise Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
    Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay View Post
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments.

In these examples I'm using Vienna Suite and the FORTI impulse responses for everything however LASS strings do come pre-panned.

All depth positioning was via the FORTI filters within the Vienna convolution reverb. I don't like demos where people are running everything through other gear so I made sure this was a very pure demo.

Hope that helps!

regards

James
    Read more: druckservice, druckerei, druckportal, ... Die Druckerei um Plakaten drucken lassen - auch fuer Flyer, Visitenkarten und mehr - in dieser Druckerei werden auch Kleinauflagen günstig gedruckt.

Hi James,

thanks so much for your answer.

I also have the full Vienna suite, and so thanks for bringing up the point about the panning already being there in the LASS strings [which I do have].

So, when you run the Vienna Suite convolution reverbs, the FORTI plug ins are something you insert in the original instruments channel before its audio is sent to the main convolution reverb, or is the forti reverb another kind of convolution reverb that you use in the vienna suite besides all of the other that are there[ie, the Mozart, or Orff stages etc?]

I see that the word "filter" is used as denoting a function of the plug in.
    Is the function of the filter part of the actual Forti reverb, or is that a separate plug in contained in the Forti download when you buy it?

Are you saying that you can achieve depth with these plug ins also?

thanks if you can let me know more.

best,

Steve:

Hi Steve,

FORTI includes 'Film EQ', TILT filters and ERs and Reverb Tails. I've used no extra reverb in the examples above.

The ERs and Reverb tails are very clear and sound great to me.

There are a lot of details on the official site.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

James

Hi James,

yes, that answer does help me, and I appreciate your time in giving me the information.

thanks again for the information you provided and your reply.

much appreciated,

many thanks,

Steve

You're welcome Steve! Feel free to PM me if you need any more details.

cheers

James

Go Back to forum