• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notion and ARIA

Notion and ARIA

In Notion3 it is possible to add a VSTi. So I added the ARIA X86 multi and assigned as the one and only instrument the violin. NOTION3 has a TAB wherein the VST playing techniques are mentioned. So I tried the Pizzicato.

Normally Notion3 reacts on any playing techniques but now with Garritan/ARIA it doesn't play pizzicato. Anybody has experienced this also and found a solution for it? Before anybody asks: yes, the Garritan violin is played but that keyswitch -pizzicato (or any other) doesn't go thru/doesn't trigger the ARIA player.

Maybe Hannes_F, I know he used to use NOTION.

Raymond - still stressfree, in case Randy B. asks (hahaha)

Re: Notion and ARIA

I do not have Notion 3 yet, but my understanding is that you need to use their own templates or setup file provided for GPO Aria to get all articulation map automatically. I do not think they use key switch patches internally. On their forum they said they are working now in a tool to allow people to build templates from any library, but it's not clear how it is going to work. Right now if you do not want to use their templates you need to use 2 staff to be able to switch articulation from key switch patches.

Hope this help, try their own forum for more detail, people over there are quite helpful.

Re: Notion and ARIA

It was a question of one of the NOTION forum members. I found the solution late night. An easier way than I originally thought.

Go Back to forum