• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I install Giga 4 in the same OS install as Giga 3?

Share/Bookmark

Can I install Giga 4 in the same OS install as Giga 3?

I have a copy of Giga 4 w/ dongle and am wondering if it is generally safe to install Giga 4 in the same OS installation as my Giga 3 which works well. Because of the licensing issues with Giga 3 I am loath to take a chance and lose the current Giga 3 installation. Any advise is much appreciated.

Noel

Re: Can I install Giga 4 in the same OS install as Giga 3?

Yes. I have both on the same OS. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Went ahead with it and all's well ;o)

I have another question if you know: I am aware that msg32.exe runs when the driver loads when Giga 3 runs. I don't see this running when Giga 4 runs. I am also using Sonar with Giga 3 before installing Giga 4, but notice Sonar will not load without msg32.exe running. I guess I can just load msg32.exe while using Giga 4 w/ Sonar, but was hoping not to have to run that. Any ideas?

Noel

Yes you can install both at a same time and work very nicely but for that configuration should be follow that things.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post

Thanks for your sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Went ahead with it and all's well ;o)

I have another question if you know: I am aware that msg32.exe runs when the driver loads when Giga 3 runs. I don't see this running when Giga 4 runs. I am also using Sonar with Giga 3 before installing Giga 4, but notice Sonar will not load without msg32.exe running. I guess I can just load msg32.exe while using Giga 4 w/ Sonar, but was hoping not to have to run that. Any ideas?

Noel
    That's the beauty of GS4. You don't need that process running in the background all of the time.

Hopefully you have come to the conclusion that GS4 loads quicker and do away with GS3.

Go Back to forum