• Register
  • Help

Topic: c++ runtime error omnisphere/ableton live

Share/Bookmark

c++ runtime error omnisphere/ableton live

Greetings,

Ive recently upgraded my atmosphere to omnisphere and first i must say that im deeply impressed with the quality of the sounds and their editability.

Unfortunately ive been having these runtime errors where ableton live requests the runtime to terminate it in an unsual way.

First some background info: im using an intel core 2 quad 2.4hgz cpu with 4ghz of ram memory and i think a page file of about 1ghz.
    im running win xp pro sp3 as os.

I updated ableton live to its latest version (i have 7.0.18) as well as omnisphere to version 1.2.0 (soundsources are 1.0.2 if im not mistaken didnt see any higher update for that)

Unfortunately the problem persists i contacted both tech departments but got the message it could take a while to get a response so i figured i would try my luck on one of the forums the spectrasonics support page referred to. I also did not find any existing threads that covered this issues so apologies if i missed it.

EDIT: oh yes the error seems to be generated when im choosing a different patch in the patch library.

Cheers

Sven

Re: c++ runtime error omnisphere/ableton live

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Your computer setup and OS is identical to mine only I'm using Cubase Studio 4.
    First of all, you said that you think that you're up to date on on everything in Omnisphere. You can easily check that in the software itself if it is connected to the internet. You'll see 3 green check marks if you're up to date. I don't remember now how to get to the update check in Omni since my computer is not connected to the internet. I'm sure someone here will quickly help you out with this.
    About the runtime error. I used to get those a lot when loading patches since I'm guessing there was some kind of memory problems with Omni in the first Omni versions. That's all been fixed for some time now.
    Be sure you're up to date on the software.
    Also, check out the trouble shooting page on Spectrasonics' website. It's very thorough and helps in many ways.
    Good luck...
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

hello yairhol,

Mine isnt connected to the internet as well ive configured it to be used solely as my daw.

Im pretty sure 1.2.0 was the latest update i saw .. tho ill doublecheck tonight when i get home just to make sure.

I didnt find any specific info pertaining to runtime errors on the website.

Thx for the welcome.

Cheers

Sven

Sven,
    As far as I know, a memory problem will cause all kinds of wierd behavior with your system. I used to get "out of memory" and "runtime error c++". This is due to memory issues (again, as far as I know).
    Check out this page and see what you can do:
    http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=308
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Update: spectrasonics tech department informed me that version 1.2.0 doesnt work well with ableton 7 and advised me to install version 1.1.4 instead which i will do tonight.

Tho the issue also already occurred with version 1.1.2. hopefully this will fix it.

I was searching the solution for along time but thanks to you people that you have post it ..
    I was really tired of this but I appreciate now that you have placed it for everyone..

Go Back to forum