• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hollywood Percussion

Hollywood Percussion

Ok here you go...a small taste of hollywood....just imagine a big opening with flying saucers zooming just above the earths atmosphere....well or something to that effect anyway....
    http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/hollywood 2.mp3

Oh...and look it says hollywood \"2\" meaning that there could be a hollywood \"1\".....Soooo is it real or not????

[This message has been edited by donnie (edited 08-09-2001).]

Re: Hollywood Percussion

I dont care it sounds good

actually I\'m guessing that its fake..but its fooled me into considering that I\'m completely wrong

good idea about not posting a \"comparison\" file

I\'m really hoping this is fake cuz I\'m gonna buy Ult Orch perc this week/next week..even tho I know you guys ahve a few tricks up your sleve in the next onth or so.

Really...I am an Idiot

sounds fine. It\'s fake, but who would know?

Can I ask a really dumb question? I noticed you used the Expression controller and not the volume controller in the midi files. Now I know why you added them... it\'s just that I\'ve been using volume changes up to now. So... why the expression controller? Could some kind soul enlighten me as to the differences between the two controllers?

[This message has been edited by Tokyo Joe (edited 08-11-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    sounds fine. It\'s fake, but who would know?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! Thanks Nick....what a glowing review

Think of Volume as the master controller, with Expression as a subvolume controller under Volume. The result is that you can adjust the loudness and softness of any part within the song with the Expression controller, and then if you want the overall track to be louder or softer, you can use the Volume controller and then the changes you made with Expression will remain, just adjusted up or down by the changes you made with the Volume controller.

I\'m not sure that I explained it well. Hopefully it makes sense.

Thanks. It makes perfect sense.

Nice percussion, Donnie. I like the snares, though I think the bass drum doesn\'t sound as it\'s supposed to in a Hollywood production. Too much mid-bass, not enough low-end bass.

Now I would like to ask the same question about my (custom) Hollywood percussion.
    At http://www2.hku.nl/~maarte2/audio/openingscreen.mp3 you can download a small piece I wrote, called Opening Screen, which features some of my Hollywood percussion.

What do you guys (and girls) think of the realism of these samples?

Maarten Spruijt

( www.maartenspruijt.com )

The same Hollywood percussion samples I mentioned in the post above I also used in another piece, called Underwater Action: http://www2.hku.nl/~maarte2/audio/underwater.mp3
    Here you can esp. hear the snare ensembles.

( www.maartenspruijt.com )

Right on Maarten!!!!!! That\'s the way it\'s supposed to sound! The snares have that distant sound, great! The strings in the \"opening screen\" sound very real? are they? I can\'t tell, just that they seem to loop if they aren\'t Wonderful job! Congratulations. Donnie, take notice!

[This message has been edited by Thomas_J (edited 08-14-2001).]

Go Back to forum