• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hail O Nick Phoenix, Prince of samplists!!

Share/Bookmark

Hail O Nick Phoenix, Prince of samplists!!

I saved my money for four months then I bought Rare Instruments. I am speechless.
    This product has exceeded my expectations. It is indeed a sampling and programming tour-de-force. As a composer for the last 15 years, I make my living using sample libraries. But now I have a product that just makes me want to leave commercial work and pursue pure artistic gratification. Nick, you are an artist of the highest caliber. The expressiveness and clever programming of this library is breathtaking. It is right up there with Quantum Leap Brass and Symphony of Voices.

Congrats, man.

I am looking forward to your next production!! I will scrimp and save to buy it. Perhaps you can make individual instruments available for sale for musicians who want a taste of the potential of your libraries!!!

Peace,

David Lawrence
    Cincinnati, Ohio.
    AKA leadbelly

Re: Hail O Nick Phoenix, Prince of samplists!!

I agree. Although I have yet to use many of the instruments, I have so far found the Taikos extremely useful. Only thing that annoys me is the clicking sounds on the bagpipes registers, but I guess that is \"realistic\" - however i have never heard them on any recording so I´ll remove them from the samples. But all of the instruments are really cool, and the many articulations of the flutes, bagpipes etc. make for very realistic performances!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    [B]NO WAY! People are pigs! B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Money Back Guarantee- NO WAY! People are pigs! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do I find info and mp3\'s? Thanks.

Lawrence

Thank you very much. The \"People are Pigs\" comment was just refering to the many people I have run into in LA who make a good living as a composer, but still use pirated samples. It wasn\'t referring to everyone.

Thank you very much. The \"People are Pigs\" comment was just refering to the many people I have run into in LA who make a good living as a composer, but still use pirated samples. It wasn\'t referring to everyone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can find examples of anything you want, but the fact is, that outside of listening to a demo, the end user is hosed if he sinks 600 into a library and it isn\'t right for him. That\'s why selling LE versions of the sample library, so people can find out...for a minimal fee...is more than fair. Glad to hear some sample companies are starting to do it.

Simon,
    The clicking on the Irish bagpipes belongs there. Soundtracks like Titanic and Braveheart only use the melody chanter, which starts where the clicking samples stop.

I am developing a series of pieces using the sarangi. It is a truly wonderul and expressive instrument!!

leadbelly

Go Back to forum