• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tango experiment

Tango experiment

Hi there,

I'm currently experimenting something completely new to me: a tango. It will be for bandoneon and orchestra.

You can hear here the first theme written for piano (yes, Garry's piano with added chorus). I'll orchestrate it later.

Let me know if it sounds tango (or what does it sound if it's not tango) and if I should go further.

There is no spoon.

Re: Tango experiment

I like it, except for the last bar, but I guess that will be replaced by a transition to a repeat. And if you can pardon me for saying so, it sounds really French!

Re: Tango experiment

Thanks Theo for your reply.

I'm glad you liked it.

For now, it's just some ideas. The development of the theme is not definitive of course.

And if it sounds french, it's normal... As you may have guessed, I'm french. So it sounds like a french tango... If you say so, it must be true...

After having done polkas and waltzes I try to do a tango... I'm hearing this in my head. So I try to apply harmony rules on this (8/16 measures, chords symmetry etc.). I'm currently running in 4/4 and the key is F minor. The current theme is on 8 4/4 measures.

I'll develop it and orchestrate little by little..

There is no spoon.

Go Back to forum