• Register
  • Help

Topic: ---is it really OK to come out and play now--?

Share/Bookmark

---is it really OK to come out and play now--?

DANG this has been a weird 2 days - I just replied on Gunther's thread--BUT when I clicked to put the post up, a big error message came up saying there was something wrong with the encoding of the page---?!

----

ummmmmmmmmmm, if I'm not around for awhile, it's because I'm still too freaked out. I have NEVer been to a site that I was totally blocked out from with a huge WARNING sign like I've seen the last 2 days--YIKES!

Randy

Re: ---is it really OK to come out and play now--?

--not only was everything to set to default here, and I had to log in again--but now the way I had the Forum displayed is changed.

Quite awhile ago the look of the Forum was changed, and I really didn't care for it, so I made the choice to say with "Garritan Classic," and have stayed with it since.

Looks like that option isn't available anymore? I'm stuck with this SKINNY icky looking page--? AAARRRRRGH!

If someone knows where the Forum's skin can be changed--please let me know. I want my good ol Garritan Classic look again!

Randy

I've had to login again too in the last few days. I typically never log out so this is unusual. I haven't gotten any errors that others are reporting however but still strange behavior.

EDIT: Take that back. I just got an error posting this message about errors

Steve Winkler

Well, the problem has returned. I can not access this site using Firefox, although earlier today I could. I can currently gain access with IE8, but that has previously been troublesome. Can't speak for Opera, as I removed it for other reasons.

Richard

So far so good..I was able to post on KE PEace's thread and maybe this one.....

EDIT: Yes I was successful. I believe there is a link or something on the "malware" thread that set off my virus alarms. So if I stay away from that thread all seems okay.

Whew.

I really like this forum and hope things return to normal soon.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Finally It has been fixed. I can't say exactly what it was don't want to compromise the security of the forum.
    Please do not post any links to malware sites permanent ban.

Google is aware that this site is not a malware site.

Here's a quote from their latest status report.

Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate.

Thank you very much for the message, PaPa - This is exactly what I was hoping for, a report from NS Admin with specifics about the current status.

Now that things are under control, I'll try to visit the Forums again without my heart racing in terror!

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Quite awhile ago the look of the Forum was changed, and I really didn't care for it, so I made the choice to say with "Garritan Classic," and have stayed with it since.

Looks like that option isn't available anymore? I'm stuck with this SKINNY icky looking page--? AAARRRRRGH!

If someone knows where the Forum's skin can be changed--please let me know. I want my good ol Garritan Classic look again!

Randy
    Randy,

Same here...

But, in case you haven't checked again,
    the 'retro' is back in the options!

~Yudit~

Go Back to forum