• Register
  • Help

Topic: Battlestar Galactica

Share/Bookmark

Battlestar Galactica

Hi,

I wonder whether someone can suggest a library that covers the characteristic esoteric strings and woodwinds (flutes) as found in Battelestar Galactica season 4. Also, if someone knows the name of these instruments, I would be in a good mood!

Thank you!

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Eastwest RA and Silk have a lot of these instruments. For strings, Bear McCreary mostly used standard european strings, along with a solo electric violin player (and a little bit of erhu).

For woodwinds, Chris Bleth played a lot of bansuri, duduk, flute, and various other things. You should check out Bear McCreary's blog, it goes into great detail about the scores for all of the shows he writes music for, and has pages and pages of info about the battlestar series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by markblasco View Post
    Eastwest RA and Silk have a lot of these instruments. For strings, Bear McCreary mostly used standard european strings, along with a solo electric violin player (and a little bit of erhu).

For woodwinds, Chris Bleth played a lot of bansuri, duduk, flute, and various other things. You should check out Bear McCreary's blog, it goes into great detail about the scores for all of the shows he writes music for, and has pages and pages of info about the battlestar series finale.
    Excellent! Thank you very much!

Hah, coincidence. Check out my new post:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=70900

Cheers!

Go Back to forum