• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jaco Fretlass bass

Share/Bookmark

Jaco Fretlass bass

Have Kontakt4. Jaco Fretless? Any ideas?

Re: Jaco Fretlass bass

Trillian by Spectrasonics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1WsOakIHk

Pretty nice!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by abzic View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. On the plus side, the demos are very professionally done and long enough to really get an idea of what the thing sounds like.

OTOH, I can't tell if it really -does- sound like 'Jaco' by virtue of the fact that the player just isn't =trying= to sound like Jaco... or maybe just doesn't -get- the real Jaco sound.

It's such an idiomatic sound---IOW: if they had simply labelled the library 'The Best Fretless Lib You've Ever Heard', I would probably buy it right away.

But if you attempt to label a library 'Jaco' or 'Bird' or 'Hendrix' or 'Ringo' for that matter, you gotta be SURE it can do that trick... not just sound very good.

YMMV

---JC

+1 on the Orange Tree Samples Jaco Bass, it's just a great fretless bass period

I believe Greg sampled a Jaco bass, and he's a huge fan of his and made this as a tribute to Jaco as well. (...I think)

I don't think you can get 100% Jaco, unless you can get Jaco himself sampled, and that's in the realm of never going to happen.

Anyways, I have it. I think it's a very nicely done fretless bass - I highly recommend it

Trilians Jaco is still my all time favourite sampled fretless-it just works.
    And with all the cool layering capabilities in Trilian its a piece of cake to create all sorts of useful and interesting variations from it.
    Definetly my first choice when i need THAT sound.

I love Trillian,,
    thank you Eric and thanks also to all your team members!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk View Post
    +1 on the Orange Tree Samples Jaco Bass, it's just a great fretless bass period

I believe Greg sampled a Jaco bass, and he's a huge fan of his and made this as a tribute to Jaco as well. (...I think)
    Hey, thanks Aaron, that means a lot to me coming from a fellow sample developer!

Yes, it's a Jaco replica bass--I even used his favorite type and gauge of strings.

Of course, it naturally won't sound 100% Jaco, since tone happens in the fingers, not just in the bass. So I got as close as I could to his tone, but regardless, what you end up is a versatile fretless bass sample library that's realistic and easy to play.

I even included some amp/cab impulses built in the interface, so you just load it up and play!
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Go Back to forum