• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Eric P's Mixer/Controller?

Share/Bookmark

Eric P's Mixer/Controller?

I just finished watching the Spectrasonics Messe vid on Sonicstate.com.

Does anyone know what the little controller/mixer unit that Eric is using to control RMX is?

Eric if you've got the time feel free to chime in as well

btw, thanks Eric for the update looks fantastic the groovelock for the envelopes is an amazing idea...and the VIP library just tipped the scale, it's time to buy Trillian.

which reminds me, since Spectrasonics is not putting out expansion packs for RMX anymore what other products do you recommend?

Thanks,

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Re: Eric P's Mixer/Controller?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcohoona View Post
    I just finished watching the Spectrasonics Messe vid on Sonicstate.com.

Does anyone know what the little controller/mixer unit that Eric is using to control RMX is?

Eric if you've got the time feel free to chime in as well
    It's the Korg nanoKONTROL...absolutely an essential and you can get them for only about $50 bucks or so....absolutely the best thing you can add to your Spectrasonics instruments. Highly recommended!

I'll be doing a special video on my setup and the various components of it, since we get so many questions about it.

btw, thanks Eric for the update looks fantastic the groovelock for the envelopes is an amazing idea...and the VIP library just tipped the scale, it's time to buy Trillian.
    Cool. You'll dig it! :-)

which reminds me, since Spectrasonics is not putting out expansion packs for RMX anymore what other products do you recommend?
    Who says that we aren't going to keep expanding RMX with new sounds and grooves?

You heard wrong. :-)

*cough*straightaheadjazzgrooves*cough*

--Eric

Thanks bigcohonna for the request: you beat me 2 it.
    As I have a Korg Kontrol 49, I already have the feeling I may not be utilising it well.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
    *cough*straightaheadjazzgrooves*cough*

--Eric
    Agreed 100%. I was surprised there wasn't any straight jazz grooves in RMX when I searched for one. I have this Film Noir project going on and it sure needs some grooves. I searched the net and bought the Jazz Grooves expansion...
    Pasi Pitkänen
    Website | Facebook

It's the Korg nanoKONTROL... I'll be doing a special video on my setup and the various components of it, since we get so many questions about it.
    Thank you Eric !!! That would be huge. I'm sitting here with no controller and I've been dying to have one for Omni, Stylus and now Trilian which I got yesterday. I know I'm missing the boat without one.

I saw an earlier post where you recommended the nanoKONTROL but I have not read happy posts about it - not playing well with Mac and people couldn't seem to figure out how to get it set up and working so I didn't get it. To see how you set it up and use it would be awesome. I will def. get one then. I was just about to set up the Nord Lead 3 (nice knobs). maybe I can use them both as I've seen you use multiple controllers.

A quick look on the Korg site I see that the nanoKONTROL can now auto-map with Logic too. You just download the plug-in they give you on that page. That would be nice if it works well.

Thanks for everything Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaiden View Post
    Thank you Eric !!! That would be huge. I'm sitting here with no controller and I've been dying to have one for Omni, Stylus and now Trilian which I got yesterday. I know I'm missing the boat without one.
    Definitely!

I saw an earlier post where you recommended the nanoKONTROL but I have not read happy posts about it - not playing well with Mac...
    Works REALLY great with Mac....very simple and straightforward.

The only trouble I've had is using multiple units....I think it's not designed with that in mind, so I would recommend using just one.

....and people couldn't seem to figure out how to get it set up and working so I didn't get it.
    That's ridiculous. It's incredibly easy to use. By far the simplist MIDI fader unit I've ever worked with. The Editor is great and really easy to understand....super simple and really solid.

To see how you set it up and use it would be awesome. I will def. get one then. I was just about to set up the Nord Lead 3 (nice knobs). maybe I can use them both as I've seen you use multiple controllers.
    Sure, you can use both if you like. The Nano is easier to use though.

Works REALLY great with Mac....very simple and straightforward....It's incredibly easy to use. By far the simplist MIDI fader unit I've ever worked with. The Editor is great and really easy to understand....super simple and really solid.
    Great! That's all excellent news. These are exactly the concerns I would have. I can't wait to see your video then. Thanks Eric !!

Eric,

Thanks for the reply, can't wait to learn yet even more from another great video tutorial from Spectrasonics!

As to the RMX expansion pack comment, thanks for setting me aright. I had read somewhere that Spectrasonics was getting out of the sampling business and to be honest I just had not seen a whole lot of RMX expansion material like Metamorphosis etc. for a while (except from Sonic Reality and a few others)...Ilio hasn't come out with anything either for a while (I do like Skippy's material though). If the coughed-up Jazz comment is true...please bring it! I really do need some great Jazz material for Stylus...groove locking that with the Omni/Trillian envelopes would Rock...er...Jazz!

Thanks again and don't take this post as a "why aren't you doing more" post. You guys have been putting out some absolutely phenomenal instruments, thank you so much for all your hard work, I'm sure the accolades you are garnering at least give you some job satisfaction.

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

No worries. :-)

Just to clarify, we are out of the general sample library business and our primary focus is on developing software instruments, but we have many plans and things in the works for expanding our instruments with new sounds.

What form that takes, you'll just have to wait and see. :-)

Go Back to forum