• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria vs. M-Audio 2496 problem

Share/Bookmark

Aria vs. M-Audio 2496 problem

I'm sure this is not an Aria problem, but maybe someone has run into this problem before.

I just installed an M-Audio 2496 + drivers on a WinXP machine. Aria now gives the following error during initialization:
    init: Audio Engine Start error
    Check preferences. Maybe the current driver doesn't support the sample rate.
    My current preferences (automatically set by something during the during the driver install, I guess) are:
    Input MIDI Devices Delta AP MIDI(in)
    Audio Device API ASIO
    Audio Device ASIO4ALL v2
    Stereo Pair 1-2
    Sample Rate 44100Hz
    Buffer Size 64
    That buffer size seems strange but I know nothing about ASIO.
    There is what I guess is an ASIO icon on my screen that (I think) says Aria is using 2048 samples at 44100Hz so I change the buffer size to 2048, but that didn't help.

I'm sure this is something I did wrong during installation, but I don't know what.

BTW, my browser, Firefox, works fine with the card and settings. Maybe it does not use ASIO.

My CD drive using RealAudio (and I imagine any other use of RealAudio) hangs and seems to prevent all other use of the card until I reboot. .net
    is found not responding during shutdown.

Re: Aria vs. M-Audio 2496 problem

Never mind. The Aria initialization problem went away when I downloaded a more current driver for the card (and reloaded a current ASIO4ALL, just in case).

Pat

I was going to say you're not using the MAudio driver at all. ASIO4ALL is a completely different driver, typically used for cards that don't have native ASIO drivers. I would suggest using 'M-Audio Delta ASIO' driver.

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I was going to say you're not using the MAudio driver at all. ASIO4ALL is a completely different driver, typically used for cards that don't have native ASIO drivers.
    I'm not sure how to interpret that. Did you mean to say "... you're not using ASIO4ALL at all"? If not, I'm lost.

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I would suggest using 'M-Audio Delta ASIO' driver.
    I'm having trouble matching driver descriptions, driver file names, and driver names. And the process of installing the newer M-Audio drivers apparently left some of the old ca 2004 files around: I've got both deltasio.dll (2004) and MAudioDeltaAsio.dll (2009). However, Windows says the card is using the M-Audio driver version 5.10.0.5074 dated 4/30/2009, so I think I'm in good shape ... finally.

Pat

Pat,
    Just go with what your showing, that'll do just fine.
    The asio4all is used primarily for audio recording and allows for latency issues.
    I have been using the M-Audio 2496 for about 5 years with no problems at all.

Scar.

Go Back to forum