• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: new samplemodeling Tbone

Share/Bookmark

new samplemodeling Tbone

here's an excerpt from Star Wars "jabba the hutt". I don't have the orchestral score, so I had to make do with a midifile I found on the web, plus the original was played on a tuba, at least on the recording I have from the Hutah Symphony. Several of the bass notes in the original are not in the trombone range, so... here it is

http://www.robertosoggetti.com/jabba.mp3

Re: new samplemodeling Tbone

I think I might be needing that...

B

I dont brass guru but i like it.

Bob -I like your demo! I havent heard anything about this. The trombone is currently only in beta stage, and not publicly available - is that right?

Thank you, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryShaw View Post
    Bob -I like your demo! I havent heard anything about this. The trombone is currently only in beta stage, and not publicly available - is that right?
    thanks, Gregory, yeah the tbone is still in (advanced) beta stage, I had the pleasure to try it as I'm friend with Giorgio and Peter...

Cool! I'm sure they'll let us know here when its released.

sounds wicked good.

That sounds great! Are articulations controlled by keyswitching or modwheel? Was a portamento articulation used throughout or intermittently?

Marko

If it's like the trumpet, then the articulation changing is done by a combination of ways. Attack is probably controlled by velocity. Portamento is probably controlled by a combination of legato playing with speed controlled by velocity. Other articulations are by keyswitches.

Jim

thank you Alex and Marko...
    in the current beta stage there's no keyswitches, this example was played in realtime. I just set the cc values the way I find more suitable for my playing and for the piece. How much attack is dependant on velocity, portamento speed, vibrato etc. Oh, and I've used a wind controller, namely EWI USB

Go Back to forum