• Register
  • Help

Topic: quick comments on two pipe organ libraries

Share/Bookmark

quick comments on two pipe organ libraries

Hi All,

As a new member I thought I\'d offer some comments about two pipe organ libraries I\'ve purchased recently.

Peter Ewers Symphonic Organ - There aren\'t a lot of sounds included in this set, basically there are three useful ones from what I can see, the Tutti, the Pedal Tutti and the 32\'. So for $179 you don\'t get much.

However, the Tutti are to die for. This is the big French Symphonic organ at it\'s biggest and best. It\'s not useful for much but utter climax, but what a climax!

The Post Organ Tool Kit at $90 is definitely a good value. It has a huge variety of sounds, most of them useful. There is some quirckiness to some of the sounds and there\'s no reverb at all. But a good reverb will cover all that up. None of these sounds will blow you away, but they are useful.

I haven\'t heard 3D Pipes and I have other priorities at this point, but that\'s for another post. I just wish I\'d found this board a while ago, it might have saved me a few bucks.

Steve www.mp3.com/stevechandler

Re: quick comments on two pipe organ libraries

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pantonality:

The Post Organ Tool Kit at $90 is definitely a good value. It has a huge variety of sounds, most of them useful. There is some quirckiness to some of the sounds and there\'s no reverb at all.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want natural reverb, you could go for \"Post Organ for Gigastudio\", it\'s based on \"Post Organ Toolkit\" but with longer samples and releasesamples incooperated in seve4ral of the programs. If you like organs, you could check out the new \"Post Positif\" & \"Post Theater Organs\". Both of those have release triggers that captures the natural reverb.

Worra

The Post toolkit is great if you\'re looking for \"historic\" organ sounds, or that \"old, unheated, musty cathedral\" sound. As an organist in my mis-spent youth, I rather relish in the quirkiness of some of the samples. If you\'re looking for the \"American Classic\" or \"generic\" organ sound, it\'s not a good source--there\'s a little too much European regional \"seasoning\" in the voicing. The full forissimo sounds, though, are quite nice, and I just did an outdoor wedding using the big tutti sound--very satisfying.

The Symphonic Organ sample is, hands down, the ultimate in massive, blow-it-all-out tutti cathedral sound. I wish, though, that we could get more for the price than just pedal-to-the-metal tutti and vanilla foundations. A nice celeste, a cor de nuit, and a couple of solo reeds (P and FF) at the VERY least.

Robert

http://www.vrsound.com/music/3D_Pipes_Toccatta_&_Fugue.mp3

Full 7 min version. No reverb added!

Franz,

Sounds pretty good. Could you put up a demo without the releases using either an outboard reverb or no reverb. The pedal solos have a strange release to them that does not sound natural. I have been a church organist for quite a few years and have played on quite a few pipe organs so I\'m quite picky on pipe organ sounds!

Do you have a listing of stops and mixtures available for each of the manuals and pedals? Also, would like to hear some demos of the reeds. I need a good trumpet stop.

Haydn,
    A demo without hall is not possible. This is a Virtual Reality Pipeorgan and all the pipes are represented as they are including their interaction with the hall. The organ is not in a church but in a specifically built hall for the instrument at the Baylor University in Waco Texas. Maybe that throws you off a bit. You\'ll find a detailed list of the stops at http://www.vrsound.com/PipeStops.html

Thanks for listening to the demo!
    franZ

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Worra:
    <snip>If you like organs, you could check out the new \"Post Positif\" & \"Post Theater Organs\". Both of those have release triggers that captures the natural reverb.

Worra

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you post the URL for these libraries?
    Thanks!
    Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rwparker:
    Could you post the URL for these libraries?
    Thanks!
    Robert

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sure, go to www.biggagiggas.com and look under \"Products\"

/Worra

Go Back to forum