• Register
  • Help

Topic: I ain't got no sound

Share/Bookmark

I ain't got no sound

tee-hee, I haven't seen any dumb questions since my last post so here we go:
    In Sonar 8.3.1 64 bit I have GPO4 64 bit loaded with choir oohs in channel 16, a MIDI track with in being my axiom 61 and out to the aria player track.
    Aria player track routed to master and master to Delta 1010 outs 1 and 2 which go to my monitors (yes they're turned on...and I played some audio in the same project just to make sure the problem was within the project).
    I see midi activity when I play a key on the axiom or a note on the software keyboard but hear no sound.
    Now what's strange is when I first loaded this sample I played a note and heard it but after I adjusted the send in the aria mixer I lost my sound.
    I'm pretty darned sure I'm going to feel silly when I find out what I've done wrong but at this point I don't care...so hep me please.
    Thanks very much,
    Randy

Re: I ain't got no sound

Hiya, Randy - (here I go, feeling like I'm talking to myself again)

This is due to the old Sonar bugaboo for Garritanized Sonar users. You need to go to the top menu in Sonar:

Options>Project>MIDI Out and UN-check "zero controllers when Play stops." The default is for it to be on, but with Garritan instruments, that means your cc1 (volume) will go to Zero when you stop play back.

You need that to always be unchecked when working up a Sonar project.

Go try it.

Hope to see an Orchestration Challenge entry from you--if not this time, the next one!

Randy

Re: I ain't got no sound

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    The default is for it to be on, but with Garritan instruments, that means your cc1 (volume) will go to Zero when you stop play back.

You need that to always be unchecked when working up a Sonar project.

Go try it.
    Thanks Randy, I remember someone (maybe you) stating that for another issue one time but I've since re-installed and forgot to uncheck it again.
    I've tattoed it on my forehead now.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hope to see an Orchestration Challenge entry from you--if not this time, the next one!
    I actually have a bunch of older material done in GigaStudio and an old Ensoniq TS-12 ( a couple of them are at http://www.soundclick.com/GRB53 ) that I'm planning to re-do with GPO4.
    It's not likely I'll make this deadline but maybe next...thanks for the help and the invitation Randy!

Go Back to forum