• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Violin Sonata In C#" (Excerpt)

Share/Bookmark

"Violin Sonata In C#" (Excerpt)

Y'all,

Here is an excerpt from the first movement of my "Violin Sonata In C#".

I produced different versions of this work. In this case, the piano is Garritan and the violin is EWQL.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Violin Sonata In C#" (Excerpt)

Nice treatment of the violin!

Except that the trills sound a bit unnatural. This appears to be a general problem, no matter if in GPO or in EW.

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdbehringer View Post
    Nice treatment of the violin!

Except that the trills sound a bit unnatural. This appears to be a general problem, no matter if in GPO or in EW.
    Thank you for listening and commenting.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Wow Larry! This teaches me to be away for so long. I've missed your compositions!

I don't think I have ever heard you using a piano + (solo instrument) before in your compositions. This was great.

I loved your use of rubato and tempo accel/rit. throughout. It really makes the piece come alive.

Also loved how you start with the violin arpeggios and then mimic them in the piano about halfway thru while the violin switches to the sustain part. Very effective. A really nice formed piece and structure and beautiful to listen to.

I doubt if anyone would be able to distinguish this piece from one of the compositions from a great master if it were played with a real violin.

Excellent,
    Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Wow Larry! This teaches me to be away for so long. I've missed your compositions!

I don't think I have ever heard you using a piano + (solo instrument) before in your compositions. This was great.

I loved your use of rubato and tempo accel/rit. throughout. It really makes the piece come alive.

Also loved how you start with the violin arpeggios and then mimic them in the piano about halfway thru while the violin switches to the sustain part. Very effective. A really nice formed piece and structure and beautiful to listen to.

I doubt if anyone would be able to distinguish this piece from one of the compositions from a great master if it were played with a real violin.

Excellent,
    Cass
    Thanks for the compliments, Mister Cass. I really appreciate your message.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum