• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Got JABB - does "Fever"

Share/Bookmark

Got JABB - does "Fever"

Hello there and Happy Easter or just Spring Weekend!
    After the nail biting wait for Raymonds "JABB"; the package had USA not Canada on it, my fault as I did not put "Canada" after the province and postal code info I sent to him. Nonetheless, it appears postal workers are sharper than we thought and stuck it into the right bag. Great news, I had it installed, registered and activated in no time, with no hassle! I am blown away by these voices! They all really “step up” and just sound stellar! I had sort of ignored the Guitar section, in favour of the big brass sounds, until I read about it on these pages a couple days ago, and found it too was fabulous; rich and full of possibilities.
    I am far from being an expert on this style of music in general, yet, as I stated in earlier posts, by Dad was a big fan of Big Band and we had plenty of those records in the house while growing up. I associate Big Band music with him and wish he were alive today to hear this stuff I am able to do. As a relative neophyte in this genre, I found and downloaded a number of tunes, as midi files, which I found easily online and usually (but not always), with no ones name claiming fame for the authorship of same. I like all the renders so far, but, as it is unseasonably warm - 27C or 80F yesterday here in Southern Ontario, (they don’t call is Southern Ontario for nothin”), perhaps my best choice for a first post in the BB style of things, is "Fever". Published 1956, the song is credited to Eddie Cooley and "John Davenport" (a pseudonym for Otis Blackwell). The song was a rhythm and blues hit for Little Willie John that crossed over and became a pop standard after being transformed, with additional lyrics, by Peggy Lee, on her album "All Aglow Again". In the interim, Ray Peterson and Earl Grant had singles of the song which became regional hits.
    What I really like about this number, are the dynamics and modulations, ever upward!
    I made some changes to the midi file, mostly by deciding to use the flute for the line normally handled by a vocalist. I tried out the Prima voice in this role but she flunked miserably and just about drove me nuts as I attempted to type in all the words into the V Editor, only to hear them come out entirely wrong. But I think I have heard it done with Flute before, so should be OK.
    Using the JABB, I am pretty sketchy on the handling of the various horn samples; bucket, cupped, muted, etc. If anyone has any tips on their use, I would welcome them.
    Meantime, a huge public “Thank you” to Raymond for his generous spirit!! I am enjoying JABB way more than I could have imagined!

Fever

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Re: Got JABB - does "Fever"

Outstanding!!!!!!!!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Thanks Aram!
    The JABB instruments really pack a punch, in my opinion!

Best regards to you!
    sd cisco

Yeah!!!!!!!!! My temperature has risen to unhealthy limits, even the mercury blew up from the top....... Great.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Meantime, a huge public “Thank you” to Raymond for his generous spirit!! I am enjoying JABB way more than I could have imagined!Best regards,sd cisco
    To set things right. I never bought this package. I won it during those days when Gary gave away packages for the best, the worst, the most informative, or the biggest tittle-tattler on this forum. Haha!!

And your piece... outstanding!! This makes it all worth waiting for.

Raymond

Very nice.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Excellent!

When will you do "The pink panther" in Mancini's way?

Did you used a wind controller?

Cheers!

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by boulifb View Post
    Excellent!

When will you do "The pink panther" in Mancini's way?

Did you used a wind controller?

Cheers!

Fred.
    Peter Gunn would be way cool also.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Or "the baby elephant walk" by Mancini.
    There is no spoon.

Very nice indeed! Love the brass and bass!

Regards,
    Paul
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast