• Register
  • Help

Topic: Master Volume/Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Master Volume/Omnisphere

A simple question maybe, but is there anyway of making the master volume default 6 dbs below its current setting. Many times I try a new patch and I have to reduce the volume because its way too much for Pro TOols to handle and distortion follows.

System: imac24, 3GB, 2.31 Ghz, 003 Factory, Pro TOols 8.0.1

Many thanks

Richard P

Re: Master Volume/Omnisphere

havent tried it myself yet but you probably can set the master volume the way you like it and save that multi as the default by naming it "default"
    that way Omni should always power up with that setting.

or you could lower the channel fader in PT by 6db-that should do the trick for your current session too.

Maybe Spectrasonics could add a "set the default master volume" function to the Options/settings page (or whatever it's called) since I always reduce the master level by 6 Db too.

You can easily set up a blank or any kind of multi in omnisphere or Trilian and save it with the name default in your user folder and omnisphere/trilian will always load with that.

For example you can take the current factory default, drop the master volume 6db and save it as 'default' in your user folder and just like that you will always get that as a default multi. I think you may need to back it up as I think some updates may overwrite it.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

That's correct, you can just save whatever initial volume you want in your default multi. For instructions, see the "How can I customize what is initially loaded in Omnisphere?" FAQ at support.spectrasonics.net.

In order to avoid overwriting anything you may have put in a default multi, we do not replace the default multi when installing an update, but it wouldn't hurt to back it up anyway.

- Glenn

hi, just so you know Glenn I have lost my midi cc learns that I customize in some updates.... not sure all but some I had to reload my controller template and resave the default multi.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Many thanks for the feedback.

I'm sure it will be most helpful.

Cheers

Richard P

Go Back to forum