• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Topic: JABB3 Installed sample set corrupted

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    JABB3 Installed sample set corrupted

    I have just tried to install JABB3 on a PC.

    I get this error message
    "2 subsequent checks on 21FlAfG6 data provided the same bad result. Installed sample set is corrupted. Please reinstall it."

    I tried to reinstall and got the same message.

    Running MS XP Home Edition, Vers 2002, Service Pack 3.

    I will try installing it on my Macbook and see if I have any problems there. But I would still like to get it installed on my PC.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    4,045

    Re: JABB3 Installed sample set corrupted

    You have a corrupted download. You'll need to download it again.

    Jim

  3. #3

    Re: JABB3 Installed sample set corrupted

    Thanks Jim, I did that and my PC is now working perfectly with ARIA.

    I have a big problem on my Mac however. I have put the post below on the Sibelius Forum, but since it seems to be mainly to do with ARIA working with Sibelius, I am posting the same message here.

    I have been having problems with Sibelius on my Macbook since installing JABB3 two weeks ago.

    I have followed all the instructions about getting the latest update to ARIA. Every time I install or uninstall anything I have repaired disk permissions.

    2 days ago Sibelius was working fine - I was able to use all my Virtual Instruments, namely GPO4, Sibelius Essentials, GM Module, JABB3, and EWQLSO & QLPianos with PLAY.

    Today when I started work with Sibelius, I got a Fatal Error message, and all of the virtual instruments had disappeared from the Available Devices menu. Not even the music which plays when Sib starts was there.

    I rescanned, and restarted Sibelius, and when that produced no result.

    Later today I trashed JABB3 and Aria, downloaded JABB3 again, reinstalled it, repaired permissions, downloaded the Aria 1.0.9.4 update, installed, repaired permissions. Sibelius started but with the Fatal Error message, but all my Virtual Instruments were visible in Available Devices. I rescanned, restarted Sibelius, tried playing a score, no sounds, then Sibelius quit unexpectedly.

    I checked the version of Aria which is installed on the computer - it's 1.091. So it seems that the update hasn't taken.

    On my PC, I had a different problem with JABB3 in that there seemed to be a corrupted file, ARIA was not visible in Available Devices even after rescanning. So I deinstalled JABB3 and ARIA, downloaded and reinstalled JABB3, and then checked the version of ARIA - which on the PC is 1.02. My PC set up is now working perfectly.

    Presumably ARIA 1.02 is actually the latest version, and because the bugs on the PC seem to be sorted, I assume that ARIA 1.02 is the solution to the bugs.

    On my Mac, it clearly isn't version 1.02, nor is 1.0.9.4 there and it doesn't seem possible for me to install it.

    If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

  4. #4

    Re: JABB3 Installed sample set corrupted

    Later today I trashed JABB3 and Aria, downloaded JABB3 again, reinstalled it, repaired permissions, downloaded the Aria 1.0.9.4 update, installed, repaired permissions. Sibelius started but with the Fatal Error message, but all my Virtual Instruments were visible in Available Devices. I rescanned, restarted Sibelius, tried playing a score, no sounds, then Sibelius quit unexpectedly.

    I checked the version of Aria which is installed on the computer - it's 1.091. So it seems that the update hasn't taken.
    Normally you don't have to uninstall JABB3 to fix the Sibelius issue. Once JABB3 is correctly installed, you just have to run the ARIA Engine 1.094 update. Make sure Both Sibelius and ARIA Player or not running while executing the update.

    Presumably ARIA 1.02 is actually the latest version, and because the bugs on the PC seem to be sorted, I assume that ARIA 1.02 is the solution to the bugs.ARIA Player is the user interface. ARIA Engine is the beast behind the interface.
    The vast majority of time, solutions to bugs is updating the Engine. We only update the ARIA Player when an interface modification needs to be made.

    On my Mac, it clearly isn't version 1.02, nor is 1.0.9.4 there and it doesn't seem possible for me to install it.

    If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
    If you don't have the ARIA Player 1.02, it's because the JABB3 installation did not run correctly. Make sure the installation of the Engine and player are checked while running the installer. By default, an ARIA product installer should always keep or install the latest version of it's components.

    Once installation is complete, close all applications and make sure you run this file: ARIA Engine 1.094 Mac OS X
    Max Deland
    Plogue Art et Technologie, Inc.

  5. #5

    Re: JABB3 Installed sample set corrupted

    Thanks for your help Max, including the email. I have done that now (actually I had done it all before!) and this time it has worked.

    I have had a lot of software conflict issues recently, and initially it seemed as if they were all due to PLAY or ARIA, but the biggest one, that VST and AU sounds stopped working completely in Sibelius, now seem to have been due to my Profire 610, though it took some considerable time to work that out. Until M-Audio sort that I will have to stop using it.

    But immediately after following your instructions, and including repairing disk permissions and restarting the computer, I ran Sibelius and it quit unexpectedly. I started it twice more for safety and it seems to be ok now, but if there are any more problems I will let you know.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •