• Register
  • Help

Topic: Experimental theme

Share/Bookmark

Experimental theme

Here's a short theme I've been playing around with. Didn't really spend much time working out the orchestration since I was more or less just using it to test out Finale. That being said, I do think it deserves more attention than I've given it since, IMO, it's a very pretty little theme, and one that I happen to like a lot. (usually I hate my music so ya... )

Any thoughts on what I should do with it?

http://soundcloud.com/michael-m-1/bobs-theme

Re: Experimental theme

For starters, I can't play it. Soundcloud tells me I've got to log in, and I don't have an account there.
    Theo

Same here Michael. I wonder if you can link directly to the song?

Steve Winkler

Opps, copy/pasted the wrong link. lol

I think it should work now.

Nice, sweet. Has a "Celtic" feel to it. If felt that the flute solo in the beginning was a little more adventurous than the orchestrated version. It broke expectations in a few places, whereas the second part seems more traditional. The orchestration isn't bad at all. The dynamics are also quite natural. It seems you know your way around Finale...
    Theo

That's a great start. It is a very nice theme. I don't have any specific ideas for you about developing it, but it does deserve exploration and development.

Keep us posted.

Steve Winkler

Michael;
    That is an exceedingly beautiful theme and performance so far! I would most certainly work to build on this if I were you! The orchestration fits very well.
    Go for it!

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

I have quite a few ideas for what I want to do with this, so it's probably going to be a while before I have a finished version of it. Not to mention, I have a brass quintet that I need to get done before I start on this project. I really need to learn to stop trying to work on 5 different songs at once...

Go Back to forum