• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: confused about GPO 4.02

Share/Bookmark

confused about GPO 4.02

Sorry, people, but I am unsure about GPO4.02 - I upgraded and downloaded GPO4 last year when it first came available....so this is an upgrade I should get? In 'my account' it wasnt however in the 'update' section, as a patch, but in the download section - do I just install it, and will I need to re-authorise it? Will this re-authorisation count against the max number I am allowed?

Since I bought JABB3, I should have the newest ARIA files - so in this case, do I even need the update? I read the other threads about the update, but it didnt seem clear to me - and there doesnt seem to have been an offical announcement of the update...

on the one hand, I want to have the newest and shiniest version. On the other hand, it is working well for me now and I dont want to do something to mess it up!

Advice and guidance please!

cheers

saku
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Re: confused about GPO 4.02

anybody?
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Upgrading is certainly up to you but I upgraded and had no issues. There's no re-authorization required. Once downloaded AND extracted, you simply execute the executable file. I think there's a readme file that spell out exactly what's been fixed so you can evaluate whether it's worth updating. The update does specifically update GPO so I don't think there's any overlap with JABB3. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please as I'm not a JABB owner yet.

I haven't had any issues with Finale and Reaper.

Steve Winkler

thanks!

three cats

Quote Originally Posted by sakari.lindhen View Post
    Sorry, people, but I am unsure about GPO4.02 - I upgraded and downloaded GPO4 last year when it first came available....so this is an upgrade I should get?
    Yes. You should definitely get this update.

In 'my account' it wasnt however in the 'update' section, as a patch, but in the download section - do I just install it, and will I need to re-authorise it?
    Simply download and run the installer. You won't need to re-authorize your product.

Will this re-authorisation count against the max number I am allowed?
    No. Your product is already authorized. Nothing will hange regarding this.

Since I bought JABB3, I should have the newest ARIA files - so in this case, do I even need the update?
    Yes, JABB3 contains the latest ARIA Player 1.02 as well. But the GPO4.02 also contains minors fixes to the GPO library as well as new GPO ensembles.

I read the other threads about the update, but it didnt seem clear to me - and there doesnt seem to have been an offical announcement of the update...

on the one hand, I want to have the newest and shiniest version. On the other hand, it is working well for me now and I dont want to do something to mess it up!

Advice and guidance please!

cheers

saku
    Go ahead and download the GPO4.02 update right now!
    Max Deland
    Plogue Art et Technologie, Inc.

cheers, thanks!

saku

three cats

Question Re: confused about GPO 4.02

I downloaded the update, but it is not in a zip and is not an executable. It says when I click on properties that it is a 02_UPDATE[1] File (.02_Update[1]) file and that it opens with Windows Shell Commor? So I am a bit confused. Thanks for help.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonC View Post
    I downloaded the update, but it is not in a zip and is not an executable. It says when I click on properties that it is a 02_UPDATE[1] File (.02_Update[1]) file and that it opens with Windows Shell Commor? So I am a bit confused. Thanks for help.
    Internet Explorer has likely stripped the extension from the filename. Rename it to;

WIN_Garritan_Personal_Orchestra_4.02_Update.exe

Then double click to run.

Unhappy Re: confused about GPO 4.02

Just purchased GPO 4.0, and just saw reference to GPO 4.02 free update. Have searched all the Garritan sites (including some previously mentioned in this thread), but still can't find any trace of it. Does anyone know a download location for this update? I appreciate Garritan, but they seem to be sorely lacking in info on this. I also find it very difficult to find general help about GPO 4.0 itself. For example, I would love to have the ability tp play MIDI files through GPO 4.0; there is one mention in the manual re a MIDI file player input, but when I select a MID file to play, nothing happens.
    Thanks for any advice anyone may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Lowe View Post
    Just purchased GPO 4.0, and just saw reference to GPO 4.02 free update. Have searched all the Garritan sites (including some previously mentioned in this thread), but still can't find any trace of it. Does anyone know a download location for this update?
    Log into your account at Garritan.com. Once logged in, click on the "My Account" Tab. From there, you should find available files for the products you have purchased.
    Max Deland
    Plogue Art et Technologie, Inc.

Go Back to forum