• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: MP3 Demos of Archtop Guitars, Tenor Banjos, and Accordions

Share/Bookmark

MP3 Demos of Archtop Guitars, Tenor Banjos, and Accordions

We have several MP3 demos of the archtop guitars, tenor banjos, and accordions posted at this link.
    http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3.html

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: MP3 Demos of Archtop Guitars, Tenor Banjos, and Accordions

hey great demos! Sounds very convincing. I\'m wondering what those Texas Swing mp3\'s are.. that style of music rocked. I want more texas swing and those HJC1&2 demos also rocked.

Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    hey great demos! Sounds very convincing. I\'m wondering what those Texas Swing mp3\'s are.. that style of music rocked. I want more texas swing and those HJC1&2 demos also rocked.

Thomas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the compliment. The Texas Swing demo is \"Beaumont Rag.\"

Kip
    Bardstown Audio

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:

Thank you for the compliment
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a project fall into my lap where I needed to knock off a present-day Texas Swing sound. I just installed these libraries last night, and they\'re really good.

Just two splits and release triggers for each instrument, yet very expressive to play, and the tones are absolutely dead on. No one has done an archtop guitar at all that I\'m aware of, certainly not this good sounding. I loaded up the Tenor Banjo, played the line from \"Dueling Banjos\" and just cracked up laughing because it sounded so good. Same for the accordions, they\'re great instruments and well sampled and mapped.

These are definitely up there with the best Giga libraries in terms of realism and tone quality.

Bruce

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    I had a project fall into my lap where I needed to knock off a present-day Texas Swing sound. I just installed these libraries last night, and they\'re really good.

Just two splits and release triggers for each instrument, yet very expressive to play, and the tones are absolutely dead on. No one has done an archtop guitar at all that I\'m aware of, certainly not this good sounding. I loaded up the Tenor Banjo, played the line from \"Dueling Banjos\" and just cracked up laughing because it sounded so good. Same for the accordions, they\'re great instruments and well sampled and mapped.

These are definitely up there with the best Giga libraries in terms of realism and tone quality.

Bruce

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bruce,

Thank you for your compliments!

Kip

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:

Bruce,

Thank you for your compliments!

Kip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Kip,

You\'re welcome, Kip. Well deserved, for sure. Whatever you\'re doing, keep on doing it!

Slightly OT--Other libraries I\'ve heard lately that are great: Nick\'s \"Rare Instruments,\" Dan Dean\'s \"Solo Woodwinds,\" and the calfskinned Hinger Timps and marimba/vibes from Donny and Sean. All excellent.

I need to chime in on this one also....I got these discs from Kip yesterday and I must say that they are spectacular! The recording are pristine and the playability is excellent. If you have the need for good all round guitars, accordians, or banjos this is a must have!

hey Kip....you need to put a demo of \"dueling banjos\" up!!

Donnie

Archtop Guitars - Please explain in detail what samples come with this guitar. (strums, leads, acoustic, electric, chords, etc.) Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    I need to chime in on this one also....I got these discs from Kip yesterday and I must say that they are spectacular! The recording are pristine and the playability is excellent. If you have the need for good all round guitars, accordians, or banjos this is a must have!

hey Kip....you need to put a demo of \"dueling banjos\" up!!

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Donnie,

Thank you for you compliments!

Kip

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas_J:

Thomas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Thomas J,

Sorry if I did not answer your question completely the other day. When you asked what those Texas Swing MP3\'s were, I replied, \"Beaumont Rag.\" I did not think to mention what instruments were used on those MP3s, which is what you may have wanted to know.

On those particular MP3\'s of \"Beaumont Rag,\" I used the acoustic archtop guitar with a pick and the tenor banjo with a pick on both the rhythms and solos. First part was a tenor banjo pick solo with acoustic archtop guitar pick for rhythm, and the second MP3 of the Texas Swing was acoustic archtop guitar solo with tenor banjo rhythm.

On all of the MP3\'s on my web site, I used the \"Dan Dean acoustic bass\" with the archtop guitar, tenor banjo, and accordion demos.

Thank you

Kip www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum