• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Viktor's tale by John Williams

Share/Bookmark

Viktor's tale by John Williams

Hi there,

After almost a month of work, here is Viktor's tale by John Williams from the movie "The Terminal":
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/G3x8y1ws/Viktors_tale.html

Enjoy.

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Re: Viktor's tale by John Williams

Fred;
    Good job on this one, I liked the dynamics in the winds even though I am not familiar with the piece.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Really nice job, though... something about how it all pans out in my headphones doesn't quite sit right. It almost feels to me like the orchestra is a little "squished" to be more front and center than it should really be. Other than that one small issue, it sounds great.

Excellent! Oustanding! What a great rendition.
    I write film music too so I love it when I see film music on the forums, especially when it is a mock up of a John Williams piece!

This is very good indeed!

Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes,
    Paul
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys for your replies

I'm glad you liked this one.

I had a lot of fun by doing it.

@Kinvint: This piece is my favorite from the master with "Escapades", the music from "Catch me if you can". I planned to recreate it. I never saw both movies, but I like the musics.
    There is no spoon.

very dynamic, vivid...convincing! I like it very much, there is a lot of detailed work in there.

which library did you use ?

Great, Fred! It's really a very nice piece, and very convincingly executed. It put a smile on my face. I have to see the movie again. I can recommend it. It's not a deep movie, but has some complexities, and a definite charm, and it raises some issues to think about as well. I really like your rendering. Great work.
    Theo

Very good, convincing realization.

I had never heard this piece of music before. I can find nothing about it other than it was written for The Terminal. Has John Williams ever talked about it? It reminds me a bit of Prokofiev's "Overture on Hebrew Themes", and not just because of the solo clarinet. (I assume Prokofiev really meant Ashke Jewish rather than Hebrew.) Did Williams claim any similar association?

Pat

Well done. Love the punchiness of the dynamics. Had to turn my monitors down a little...lol
    regards,

Dwane Hollands

"Always Experimenting!"

Yes, the score is pure genius, just as the man himself!
    It was an unusual departure from his 'normal' style and apparently, he enjoyed working on the film as it gave him chance to write music he hadn't written for many years.

I bow to him, and to you for this fine rendition. ***MORE***

***MORE***
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast