• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt clone

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt clone

So, I would like both Cinematic Strings and some Kirk Hunter strings. Unfortunately, both use Kontakt. There is no way I'm going to pay nearly $300 for a sampler I don't like. I'll rather write my own sampler! So, are there any samplers (both free and commercial) that can use Kontakt patches satisfactorily?

Re: Kontakt clone

Kontakt is a closed format and so there's not really anything out there that can convert/read it. I'd also bet (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that those libraries would be encrypted Kontakt 3/4 libraries and so older library conversion utilities probably wouldn't work.

It's a long shot, but does anyone know if either of these libraries work in the free Kontakt player?

No.... especially that both libraries depend heavily on Kontakt scripting.

Good luck in replacing Kontakt by coding it yourself, all companies I`m aware of that code their own engine to replace the usage of Kontakt invested years of developement and/or stabilisation and neither yet offer the same fonctionnality.

You will find yourself in this situation many times, since most of nice libraryes are made for kontakt.

But, if you want a free sampler for play KirkHunter strings, you can give a look to Yellowtools page. They sell a version of KirkHunter strings, downloable, that can be played with their free sampler "Independence free"

http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=979

Im not sure if it is the same product that KirkHunter sells in their site, you need to look the details.
    Marcelo Colina

There is no other sampler on the market with what you can do nearly the same things as you can do with Kontakt. And Kontakt is getting better from day to day.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I believe if you buy a Kontakt Powered lib, you would get a nice discount on an upgrade to the full version. Not sure if this deal is around for version 4, but when I bought Storm Drum 1 this is what I did with 3.

Thanks for your input! Then I guess the future will be a combination of Play/VSL. Time to write some ramping algorithms...

Since when do you write algorithms? You write code to implement algorithms.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ohernie View Post

Ernie
    This mistake also occurs in the Algorithm Wiki page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithm so I think you should correct it there too. ;^)

Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by ohernie View Post

Ernie
    If you treat/define each language construct as an algorithmic entity, this makes sense. For instance, a for loop is semantically defined to do an algorithmic task - repeating something based on a condition. Thus, you combine existing algorithms to make new! Haha. It's not code you write when you use the algorithm keyboard, is it? No, you write in 'algorithms'. Ahh, I forgot you don't have one of those keyboards.

Go Back to forum