• Register
  • Help

Topic: Double D Solo WW

Share/Bookmark

Double D Solo WW

Has anyone out there got this library?

If I go by the Demo recording I would never buy it. Listen to that Demo and tell me that it does not sound like an organ trying to imitate a woodwind section.

I would really like to hear from some people who own this library and can comment on it

thanks
    Giga...
    Wade

Re: Double D Solo WW

Everyone who has it seems to love it, but I was also disappointed by the demo, which is why I haven\'t purchased it yet. It sounds very artificial. I think the demo was trying to show that the library could handle fast passages, but what it ends up doing is not showing off any of the instruments.

I would love to hear a demo with each instrument played individually. Perferrably with at least one legato passage from each.

[This message has been edited by Jamieh (edited 08-05-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jamieh:
    Everyone who has it seems to love it, but I was also disappointed by the demo, which is why I haven\'t purchased it yet. It sounds very artificial. I think the demo was trying to show that the library could handle fast passages, but what it ends up doing is not showing off any of the instruments.

There will be some new .mp3\'s of the DDSWW coming up on the new Dan Dean website in a few days. And quotes from people using the library (and the Solo Brass). Check them out when we go live.

Thanks,
    DD

I would love to hear a demo with each instrument played individually. Perferrably with at least one legato passage from each.

[This message has been edited by Jamieh (edited 08-05-2001).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking forward to it Dan! I use your solo strings all the time, so I\'m looking forward to your brass as well as more demos on the woodwinds.

I have created a new demo using the woodwinds. The size is six megs, if your server can handle the size, then email me and I\'ll send you the recording.
    dhrott@sunflower.com

I think from the month I\'ve been using this Lib.
    1) The sound quality is awesome,which is what you\'d expect of course; but let me add my voice to that
    2) The articulations are basic and practical with a good number of velocity nuances per patch. I can\'t load the whole Lib within my 767 mb of ram; so the choice is there
    3)I\'m considering rebuilding the patches
    with an other controller than velocity to switch between the velocity layers in order to control the timbre.
    4)It might be smart not to expect this Lib to play everything perfectly in no time.
    I find it a hard Lib to work with, but when you give it the time and efforts it requieres
    It\'s the most rewarding I know of so far

Go Back to forum