• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about Gigastrings Warmth Control

Share/Bookmark

Question about Gigastrings Warmth Control

How does the warmth control work on Gigastrings? Is it used with the mod wheel controller? If so, how will I be able to use my mod wheel as an expression controller and warmth control at the same time?
    I\'ve wondered how to do this with other instruments in Giga as well.

Re: Question about Gigastrings Warmth Control

It uses GPC6 (CC81) - one of the faders in Gigastudio. So you can control this via normal MIDI CC messages.

[This message has been edited by Simon Ravn (edited 08-04-2001).]

Can you please tell me how to do this? Would I need to move the GPC6 fader in Gigastudio to get the results?
    Sorry if I sound like a newbie!

Damon,
    The typical use would be to put one CC81 message at the start of the string tracks where you want more warmth. If you\'ve got sections where you want to have different levels of warmth, you\'d put CC81\'s at the start of those sections. My guess is that normally you wouldn\'t be adjusting the warmth continuously throughout a track (though some of us have experimented with that - it\'s an interesting effect!).

Thanks for the replies guys but still how to I do this? Do I apply a CC change within Cakewalk to the beginning of the phrase or do I do this within Gigastudio? I\'m just confused because I use my control slider B for expression so I wasn\'t sure how to do this exactly.

Damon, think of it, like you would change the volume (CC7) or any other controller. That\'s how you do it, either set a fixed value in Gigastudio using the fader there, or use CC81 from your sequencer, and you can change the warmness underway in your score just like you can change your volume.

Whether you assign a hardware controller to CC81 or not is up to you. You can also just \'paint\' the changes you want in Cakewalk/Cubase/Logic/whatever.

[This message has been edited by Simon Ravn (edited 08-04-2001).]

Thanks Simon.

Go Back to forum