• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Presonus Studio One

Share/Bookmark

Smile Presonus Studio One

Anyone using this program? It looks awesome & I'm thinking about making a change. Opinions would be appreciated!
    www.presonus.com

Thanks,
    RickyB

Re: Presonus Studio One

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky B View Post
    Anyone using this program? It looks awesome & I'm thinking about making a change. Opinions would be appreciated!
    www.presonus.com

Thanks,
    RickyB
    What have you been using? Every daw app looks awesome. I there is no demo, then I caution against it.

I'm still using Cubase Sx3! Works well, but feeling the urge. There IS a demo. It has some nice features.

There's an in-depth review in this month's Sound on Sound. it looks powerful as an audio recorder, but maybe not so much for MIDI, which is what most of us here are interested in. It also doesn't support video or surround. So you know...

Maybe that's Studio One Pro 1.5

Picture This

Want to do sound for picture? With Studio One Pro, you can import any QuickTime video into a Song for playback and sync, with adjustable video-playback size and time offset. Simply drag-and-drop the video from the Browser into the arrangement to import it and, optionally, extract the audio from the video and place it on a new audio track. A new Follow Edit Position helps sync to specific video frames by adjusting the playback-cursor position based on the current edit position.

I've been playing with the demo for a couple days and I really like it. I didn't see any video editing in the demo, but I didn't look for it very hard and it does say features are missing.

Well, I'm getting this anyway via someone I work with. Just wanted some input ahead of the curve. I'll post some thoughts after. May take a bit to get around on it.

Studio one Pro is fantastic. I just upgraded this week (I got Artist bundled with my Firestudio Mobile) and I love it's GUI because it's not convoluted at all. I can get more done in less time. Great product!

I gave Logic 9, Cubase 5.1, DP7, PTLE6, and Sonar 7, and I like Studio One the most for it's ease if use. I would like to see a notation editor added in the future however. Then again I use Sibelius 6 for notation so no biggie.

Most of us Sonar users would like to see notation added too

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    Most of us Sonar users would like to see notation added too
    Yeah, Sonar really stinks for notation. Partly why I went away from that program. Partly because I had no good experiences with PCs.

Studio One Pro has a lot going for it. It even has a qwerty midi keyboard to use when you're on a laptop. Heck, even Pro Tools LE and SOnar don't have that! DP, Logic and Cubase 5 do and it's important when using a laptop.

The upcoming 1.5 will add video scoring (awesome) and a whole bunch of other features. To me, the piano roll editor is actually pretty fast to work on. The single window concept is maximized in this program to great effect. My work flow has doubled since I have used it. To me, I don't necessarily want all the bells and whistles. I want a solid program that runs quickly and doesn't crash. This program is rock freakin' solid. No crashes. None!

You can also specify how many cores to use from your processor. I use all of mine since I'm on a Mac Quad core. I also believe the next update will be 64bit Mac compatible. Sweeeeeeeet.

Go Back to forum