• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notation and standard bank!

Share/Bookmark

Notation and standard bank!

Hello!

Here's a rather basic question for you I suppose but I'm extremely new at this and bought GPO4 just a few days ago. I tried finding the answer to my question with the search function but had no luck.

Anyway. What is the difference between the standard bank samples and the notation bank samples?

/ Sincerely Jonnie

Re: Notation and standard bank!

From what i can gather the notation samples are the ones automatically loaded into notation program(sibelius anyways) and they respond to markings within the score. The standard ones have the keyswitches visable but I do not believe that they respond to score marking.

Hey, Jonnie,

There are a few differences between the Notation and Standard samples. The long and short of it, however, is that the Notation sample set is used with notation programs line Finale and Sibelius, and the Standard Sample set is used with sequencers like Sonar and Digital Performer.

If you're more curious than this, I believe the differences are listed in the manual (hint, hint)

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    Hey, Jonnie,

There are a few differences between the Notation and Standard samples. The long and short of it, however, is that the Notation sample set is used with notation programs line Finale and Sibelius, and the Standard Sample set is used with sequencers like Sonar and Digital Performer.

If you're more curious than this, I believe the differences are listed in the manual (hint, hint)
    Hello. Thank you for your answer. And you're of course right. I should be better on reading the manual. :-)

/Sincerely Jonnie

Go Back to forum