• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Your desire Library? Suggestions please!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Your desire Library? Suggestions please!

We write the year 2010 now and there are so good (sounding) sample libraries on the market.

My question to you is: What are you missing?

A special (solo) instrument, a special way how a library could be recorded best in your opinion, more possibilities of influencing, premixed sections (like Symphobia...), e.t.c.?

Please feel free to tell me.

Thanks

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: Your desire Library? Suggestions please!

I would LOVE to see the Pedal Steel sampled really well.
    Gavin Lake

Two things. I want SampleModelling to finish all the solo instruments we need to do either an orchestra or a big band. To me their stuff sounds so real that I would then stop wanting anything else - at least until the day that Windows 25 won't run them.

And I want the BelaD Choir. I know we all keep anticipating choirs, and then being a bit disappointed, but I've got a good feeling about this one. They have a lot of experience with voices, and they've never yet captured a bad sound.

With both of those in place I think I could be a happy chappy for quite a while.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Two things. I want SampleModelling to finish all the solo instruments we need to do either an orchestra or a big band.
    Dude, I completely agree on that! And I would like them to make their note transitions in pp a little less sythetic. That's the only weak point of those sounds.

Presently I'm in pretty good shape with respect to sample libraries!

If you are not familiar, I suggest you check out Tonehammer.com, Microhammer.com, Cinesamples.com, and Sonokinetic.com... for starters. There is this movement afoot, small, specialized libraries that do what they do so well! I've been buying them up as quickly as I can!

This does not, however, eliminate the need for big libraries, especially for things like orchestral renderings. I was about set to purchase one of Kirk Hunter's libraries when they went on sale. Now it's a a no-brainer!

Which will, oddly enough, leave me still looking for three things:
    1) a choir suitable for lots of different applications, but primarily for that epic trailer kind of sound - at least for the moment. The demos for Diva Revamp are my current benchmark, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I still haven't had a chance to use them.

2) epic percussion - I'm about certain that between the companies listed above I have this covered. It won't be cheap, but it'll be really usable!

3) A trumpet/trombone/sax trio - yes, I still long to learn to write horn charts like my heroes. I still have a ways to go, but one of the stumbling blocks is the inability to render them well. At least I think that's the case<G>! The SampleModelling stuff is intriguing, but there is still something not quite right. I do keep visiting their web page<G>!

Ignoring #3 for a moment, my big issue right now is getting the tools to do epic type soundtrack work. My choices seem to be:
    1) pick up Diva Revamp and some of the epic percussion from the companies listed at the top. I am certain this is a workable solution.
    2) pick up Omnisphere... this is more of an unknown for me. Spectrasonics certainly has the reputation and pedigree, and it appears that they have included most of the earlier vocal libraries in Omnisphere. I also keep reading that it is a first call tool for lots of soundtrack/game composers. On one hand that's good to know, on the other hand I don't really want to sound like everyone else... well, not exactly like everyone else<G>!

If it were you which path would you travel?
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Quote Originally Posted by MODE View Post
    I would LOVE to see the Pedal Steel sampled really well.
    Ditto. It's the undiscovered country. And a really good blues harmonica. I used to think such things were impossible, but what with stuff like Wallander and 'The Trumpet' I now believe.

The only orchestra stuff I wanna see is a real breakthrough like PianoTeq or that Synful thing or The Trumpet where it's modelled instead of having a 100GB disk lib. Enough of that already.

---JC

-I would love a warm Jazz Trumpet section.
    And drums recorded on one stage mic position.
    -a trumpet lib with realistic shakes, wah wah mute and growl..(thats the only thing SM's the trumpet lacks in for me)
    -A truly convincing tenor sax...IMO this has not been achieved yet.
    -a Real Salloon piano
    -An affordable amazing string library....lol
    -a Solo Clarinet Sample modeling style
    -a String library Wivi style
    -Solo instruments for Symphobia by projectSam

Talking Re: Your desire Library? Suggestions please!

32', 64', and 128' Organ Pedal Stops
    Roto Toms
    Octobass
    Zacharias Paul Gustav Büchner
    ComposerTrumpeter

Ehh... I'm not picky.

If I could get hold of Hollywood strings for $<500 (a guy can dream) I'd be happy until they come out with Hollywood brass/woodwinds... *drools at the thought of advanced specialized woodwind libraries*

A consort of viols would be wonderful.

Go Back to forum