• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: TRILIAN - v1.3 Software and Library Updates available

Share/Bookmark

TRILIAN - v1.3 Software and Library Updates available

TRILIAN - v1.3 Software and Library Updates!

New features and sounds free for all registered users: http://bit.ly/aEhc0E

Be sure to check out the demo video. :-)

Re: TRILIAN - v1.3 Software and Library Updates available

WoooHoooo! yeah!!! I saw this first! Tanx Eric n Spectrasonics! Clap clap clap!!!

Hey Eric
    I'm having some trouble with the new sustain 2 feature. Sometimes the sustain pedal works and the new note cuts off the last and then sometimes I just get both notes sustaining. I need to double check and make sure my controller isn't sending out a sus on / off somehow but am wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I'm also trying to achieve the same effect by using the monophonic solo turned on in the edit window with the legato turned off so that I get the full attack of the sound with each new note. But I just noticed that when I use a synth bass sound this works as expected....with solo and legato off (the small L button) then I get a fresh attack. But when I use an electric bass sample, the solo acts the same regardless of the legato setting. Meaning that I only get the "legato" effect without a new sample attack and filter opening if I have the "L" on or off.

so on a sampled bass the solo seems to be stuck in legato mode and my sampled bass ends up sounding like a synth bass since I can't turn legato off. The legato button on the Main page seems to have no effect on this behavior.

Am I doing something wrong? The new sus 2 setting is giving me the sound I want but I'd prefer to do it monophonic using the solo button and no legato.

any help is appreciated

Thumbs up Re: TRILIAN - v1.3 Software and Library Updates available

i loooooove !!!

Quote Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
    Hey Eric
    I'm having some trouble with the new sustain 2 feature. Sometimes the sustain pedal works and the new note cuts off the last and then sometimes I just get both notes sustaining. I need to double check and make sure my controller isn't sending out a sus on / off somehow but am wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Hi,

This can happen if you have overlapping notes. For a new note to
    cut of the old, the old must be off already. This is different from
    how legato modes work in other systems, where legato performance
    is triggered by the new note even if you don't hold the sustain pedal.
    But...well...on the other side...it's called sustain mode and not
    legato mode

regards,
    Andreas

Instead of turning solo on, turn the polyphony down to 1 if you really want it monophonic.

...or just don't overlap notes when you play. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
    Hey Eric

I'm also trying to achieve the same effect by using the monophonic solo turned on in the edit window with the legato turned off so that I get the full attack of the sound with each new note. But I just noticed that when I use a synth bass sound this works as expected....with solo and legato off (the small L button) then I get a fresh attack. But when I use an electric bass sample, the solo acts the same regardless of the legato setting. Meaning that I only get the "legato" effect without a new sample attack and filter opening if I have the "L" on or off.

so on a sampled bass the solo seems to be stuck in legato mode and my sampled bass ends up sounding like a synth bass since I can't turn legato off. The legato button on the Main page seems to have no effect on this behavior.

Am I doing something wrong? The new sus 2 setting is giving me the sound I want but I'd prefer to do it monophonic using the solo button and no legato.

any help is appreciated

Hi Eric, I love the demos u did of the fantastic sounding Sustain2. What tips and methods for Roland 13pin GK3 equipped guitar players to take full advantage of the exciting features? Thanks.

R

The problem with this update is that if there weren't too many sounds to play with before then there is now.
    Getting something finished is now impossible due to browsing for a good sound to use, finding hundreds, each deserving a new composition to feature it.
    Has anyone ever considered selling everything they have and going back to just a piano or guitar?

Eric and team, it just keeps getting better. Thanks!

K

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Instead of turning solo on, turn the polyphony down to 1 if you really want it monophonic.

...or just don't overlap notes when you play. :-)
    I tried that but I want a true solo mode where I can hold a note and play hammer ons above it and it replays the pedal tone. I just want the attack and filter to not go away.
    Legato on or off works fine with synth sounds, but why is the legato stuck on when using sampled sounds?

as a gtr player, lots of licks I'd like to double on bass are where you play up the string and pedal off the open A or E.

thanks

Legato does work this way already. If fact, you can see me doing trills this way in the video.

The legato rules are for half-step and whole step intervals.

Go Back to forum