• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian Artifacts

Share/Bookmark

Trilian Artifacts

hi -

Having a problem with Trilian. Playing from within Logic 9.1.1 64 bit, OS 10.6.3, working with 9 G of RAM. Every phrase i play will eventually be interrupted by audio artifacts that sound like this:

http://malcolmpayne.com/Trilian_Artifacts.mp3

i have experienced this problem with this patch, the pick bass, as well as Hardcore, so far.

In other, more maxed out songs, the sound may have a higher pitched, more ringing quality. Usually, freezing or bouncing works fine, but interestingly yesterday I froze the bass track and the artifacts were frozen along with it. So, i had thought this this was purely a real time processing problem, but maybe not . . any ideas, anyone?

Re: Trilian Artifacts

I'm having the same exact problems with both Trilian and Omni. I'm using windows 7 and sending audio over to my mac using Vienna ensemble Pro. On the mac I'm using Live 7 and the computer is a dual processor G5.

Never used to have any problems but since the 1.3 updates I now can't use Omni and Trilian because of the noise. It's not extreme but still noticeable.

I'm trying other set ups to try to find the problem. I will let you know what I find.

giga....

Quote Originally Posted by mpmusicny View Post
    hi -

Having a problem with Trilian. Playing from within Logic 9.1.1 64 bit, OS 10.6.3, working with 9 G of RAM. Every phrase i play will eventually be interrupted by audio artifacts that sound like this:

http://malcolmpayne.com/Trilian_Artifacts.mp3

i have experienced this problem with this patch, the pick bass, as well as Hardcore, so far.

In other, more maxed out songs, the sound may have a higher pitched, more ringing quality. Usually, freezing or bouncing works fine, but interestingly yesterday I froze the bass track and the artifacts were frozen along with it. So, i had thought this this was purely a real time processing problem, but maybe not . . any ideas, anyone?
    Can you post your project.
    There's several pick basses and I wanted to make sure I was using the correct one here
    http://www.digimixstudios.net/BassPick/

As you see, I didn't get those artifacts, but was I using the same pick bass you were?
    That's why I mentioned to post your Trilian_Artifacts test project.

Greetings All,

When using a Trilian sound from within an instance of Omnisphere, if I perform a bounce region in place from Logic Pro 9.1.1 (32bit), I hear sound artifacts in the bounced audio file. If I perform a bounce (Realtime) from the File menu in Logic, it sounds perfect. Within the same instance of Omnisphere, I was able to bounce regions in place for several other parts (Omni sound library) without any sound artifacts in the bounced audio file.
    Studio A: OSX 10.6.2 | Mac Pro | 7GB RAM | DIGI 003 | Apogee Ensemble | Big Ben | Korg M3 | MPK25 | Pro Tools LE 8.03cs2
    Studio B: OSX 10.6.3 | MacBook Pro | 4GB RAM | M-Audio Ozonic | Axiom Pro 61 | Logic Pro 9.1.1 | Pro Tools M-Powered 8.03cs2

Oh, forgot to mention, my Mac is a First generation 8-Core Mac Pro . .

I dont' use disc streaming in Omni or Trillian anymore due to these issues when bouncing.
    If you don't have the luxury of 12GB ram then just export or bounce in real time.
    I have never had issues when bouncing/exporting with Kontakt using huge soundsets. Odd, but like I say, either turn off streaming or use real time.

K

I'll offer the same advice to all of you: First, use the "Check for Updates" button to ensure you're running the latest version. Second, send a detailed description of your problem and your system configuration to tech support which enables them to try to reproduce your problem and help you solve it.

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Hi Glenn,

I would be more than happy to send a detailed report, but your first suggestion implies that this problem is known about and fixed in the latest rev (to which i have just updated). if that's the case, then maybe there's no point. Is this a known problem? Has it been fixed?

Go Back to forum