• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Got Finale

Got Finale

I've got Finale and surprisingly with Garritan sounds, which I didn't install because I already have them. So, now for the Video turorials.... at least you know what I am doing the next couple of weeks.......

Raymond - even in Spain it is raining and snowing, so I postpone my holidays....

Re: Got Finale

You'll love it once you get comfortable with it Raymond.

Feel free to ask questions if you need clarification on anything. I think the tutorials will get you going though.

Steve Winkler

Congratulations! I agree with Steve, once you're comfortable with it, it can be a lot of fun. Likewise, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to help.

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Warning, you'll get really spoiled with the finale playback, and never want to bother having to manually tweak playback again.

As others have said, it's a little hard to get to know at first, but once you do it's a lot of fun.

Raymond, if EVER you want a basic finale file to peruse the types of articulations and expressions I use, please feel free to either ask for the details or ask for a file.

By the way!!!

I heartily recommend that you NOT update to Finale 2010b (or "c".. whichever update they are up to). Sadly, the B upgrade broke the playback of many articulations.

Congrats Raymond. I think you will find Finale to be the best thing that has happened to you notation-wise. As said above - ask any questions because the learning curve is steep - but the rewards are great!

Welcome to the fold.

I am using Finale 2010b (after upgrading my system to Windows 7 64bit) and have had no problems so far.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Pacific Northwest

I should resist this...

But I am not going to...

<sings> "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain..."

California Redwoods

Quote Originally Posted by noldar12 View Post
    I should resist this...

But I am not going to...

<sings> "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain..."

The reign in Spain stays mainly rather plain.

I am sure the midi output isn't like this:

Supposed to be right hand notes with pedals - as a result of my latest notation program. It took three days to correct everything like this in my piano score of my pianoconcerto.

Even the one who reigns in Spain can't stop the rain... and pla(i)nes are watertight (hope so).

Go Back to forum