• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: REQUIEM by Tonehammer

Share/Bookmark

REQUIEM by Tonehammer

Anyone see this yet? http://www.tonehammer.com/?page_id=4276 It looks pretty impressive.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: REQUIEM by Tonehammer

It looks so impressive that I pre-ordered it. Probably a risk, since even the big guys haven't managed to crack the choir, and Tonehammer are only just moving up to things of this size. But I happened to find most of the money sat in an account I'd forgotten about, which meant my pocket didn't feel it - so I took the risk.
    David

I'm jealous, Pingu! If only I could sell this stuff in a timely manor, then I too can pre-order Requiem. Anyone need some gear....hint hint

-Steinberg / Yamaha MR816 CSX Firewire Audio Interface- $725
    -Steinberg / Yamaha CC121- $300
    -TC Electronic Powercore PCI mkII -$400
    -Native Instruments Kore 2 MIDI controller / DAW workstation -$210
    -Blue Microphones Bluebird Microphone -$200
    -M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 Anniversary Edition USB MIDI Interface -$35
    -SIIG 3-Port FireWire 800 PCIe Card Model NN-E38012-S3 - 1394 Firewire $55

Everything is in good condition and used only in my home studio.
    Please e-mail me for more info.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

I pre-ordered it about 5 minutes after the demo went up! I know it's a big thing for any company to take on, but Tonehammer has done an amazing job with all of their libraries so far - so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that this one will be brilliant as well.

Kerry

That demo has almost 100% convinced me. I'm waiting to see a video of it being used in something like a walkthrough before I commit to a preorder. Some of the demos sound insanely awesome, though.

I'm holding off until I hear some "naked" demos... Even then I don't think I can afford it- but I'm not sold by the demo, no matter how awesome it is. Too much other stuff going on, I want to hear choir alone!

That may be an unfair request, but hey. Gotta watch the bank account carefully these days.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDavis View Post
    I'm holding off until I hear some "naked" demos... Even then I don't think I can afford it- but I'm not sold by the demo, no matter how awesome it is. Too much other stuff going on, I want to hear choir alone!

That may be an unfair request, but hey. Gotta watch the bank account carefully these days.

-Alex
    There is a choir-only demo posted.

Angry Re: REQUIEM by Tonehammer

Why would a company spend this kind of time and money on a new choir library without having a WORD BUILDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAW

A company or group that can make a real worldbuilder for a sampled choir will win the market whatever pricy their product can be.

Quote Originally Posted by daw32965 View Post
    Why would a company spend this kind of time and money on a new choir library without having a WORD BUILDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There's a big market for this kind of product too - a choir just sounds beautiful. You probably get a more realistic choir anyway when NOT using a word builder. Real is always real and implementing a choir with a word builder is a whole another thing to record and produce, too.

But of course - if this choir would have an optional word builder, it would rock even more.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast