• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasoniic-please make videos available in more formats

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasoniic-please make videos available in more formats

I've been reluctant to post this but I strongly feel that the Omnisphere and Trilian tutorial videos should be made available in a native Windows format as well as Quicktime. QT does not work well for me at all on my XP64 PC. No drag and drop to the QT player and its always calling out for ads when launched. Since QT is Apple proprietary no relaible options are available. This is why some of us PC's in the first place.

More importantly the vids are excellant to watch while on the treadmill at the gym. This means having them on a handheld format. It is very hard to encode QT vids to work outside of the Apple world. and I feel like I really shouldn't have to. On my PC ,QT files won't even display their dimensions so its hard to properly set an encoder to bring then over to wmv format.I assume this is an Apple mannuver to keep loyalty to their hardware but I've had enough of hit and miss encoding.

I'd think Spectrasonics has enough users that will want this to consider it. QT make be easier to yield better resolution but thats not important in a tutorial. I just want to see them easily

Re: Spectrasoniic-please make videos available in more formats

doesn't the flash version work for you or you aren't often online?
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

We don't have the tutorials in Flash format yet. (we do have Flash available for all the other videos)

However, we plan to make all the tutorials available in more formats like Flash and mobile-friendly platforms.

This is all part of a major update to our website that we are working on.

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

right it is the new features, and artist series that are in vimeo (flash) not the tuorials.
    sorry about that.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Spectrum:
    This is great news ;very much appreciated. Looking forward to being able to download and watch

.mpg + .mp4
    = non proprietary and playable by many different players

Get VLC, it will play anything.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Quote Originally Posted by martyfrasu View Post
    Get VLC, it will play anything.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    Sorry...unfortunately, that doesn't play multitrack quicktime files either.

The listener will only hear either the voice or the music with that player.

So far, "QuickTime Alternative" has been working fine for me with all Spectrasonic (.mov) videos.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

It's a codec pack and also installs Windows Medial Player Classic, which is actually better ( IMHO ) than any newer version of WPM.
    The .mov then play using the WMP Classic frame.

The "classic" is also not infested with "I'm trying to sell you songs from the internet" stuff or any "check for updates" junk. It also, actually looks very slightly better than WMP 9, 10, or 11 when previewing video and animation work.

Quicktime - in general - the "alternative" or the bloated real thing - are still a huge barrier to us that have moved to Windows 64bit for our OS.

Since there is no 64bit QT - I have not yet found anything that can play QT clips on WIndows 7 64 - I thought I had it nipped with Media Player Classic Home Cinema x64 - but QT files still die when trying to play them.

Anyone have anything they have found that works?

Cheers!

VP

Go Back to forum